Re-skim

Members online

Surely he could get a better response than that lads , what's this forum coming too , @lurpak , being hungover is no excuse for such a dismal slagging , and not even a pic from @Cockney1 , all in all its a poor show .
Now don't tell him how to dry out his wall before PVA , and certainly not about a wet coat first , I'm going for a cr.p and hope to see some improvement by the time I get back

Well if you don't know by now.......
@essexandy I view it a different way , YouTube trained spreads just make the good look better and their mistakes do nothing but enhance a good spreads reputation , the more sh.t job they do the better and who wants the customer who judges by price alone

@essexandy I view it a different way , YouTube trained spreads just make the good look better and their mistakes do nothing but enhance a good spreads reputation , the more sh.t job they do the better and who wants the customer who judges by price alone
I asked builder other day why he was using animal . He more or less said just leave it. It theft to me as customer is paying for a job and sooner or later someones gonna pull his work. Plus it's in decent houses not shithole renters

Yeah that but mainly the donut new members that come on here sometimes :ROFLMAO: my bad habits thread is much more interesting I'm sick of talking about plastering it's boring:sleep:
Lol! I was saying this to @lurpak the other day! Sometimes when someone asks what I do for a living and I tell them they think it’s great! Oh wow, how unusual yada yada etc and then they realise they’ve got sucked into a conversation... at a party no less... about walls !

Because of time constraints I didn’t manage to complete a job to the finished standard I wanted. I did get to flatten everything, but just couldn’t get round to polishing.

Is it possible to skim over the plastered walls again, and if so how long should I wait before doing so?

Also, what should I use to seal the plaster on the wall already before re-skimming. The space I am working in is very cold and damp, so the drying time will already be longer than usual.

Thanks!
Give them once over whith light sandpaper your suppose do that before painting any way key for paint

Soon s**t will become the norm and good will become an outdated way of thinking.

Last edited:
Soon suit will become the norm and good will become an outdated way of thinking.
Unless someone comes up with an IKEA version of spreading the demand will outstrip supply , dot and dab hasn't stemmed the flow , I'm still busy with flattening artex most of my customers want overskim because of skirtings , theirs just no better method of fixing up old houses ,

Perhaps but it depends on your situation and if you find someone willing to teach you.
The best way is to learn from a good spread who specializes in external for a couple of years then find one that's into internal
Too many money oriented people out their who give a promised of education for hard work and ultra low wages , fair enough most will give up, but up the pace and sort out the chaff , for their sakes as well as good business sense

The best way is to learn from a good spread who specializes in external for a couple of years then find one that's into internal
Too many money oriented people out their who give a promised of education for hard work and ultra low wages , fair enough most will give up, but up the pace and sort out the chaff , for their sakes as well as good business sense

You’re a good bloke John...but cheap!!