re-locating to france HELP???

Members online

sbkieran90

thinking of re-locating to france next year and I've seen a few lads on here that have worked out there or maybe live there. was just wondering which parts of france would be best for work been an English plasterer and is the money good etc
thought maybe parts of the south as there's expats there or maybe even on the border with Switzerland as that's where my girlfriend lived and she said workers would commute over the border as money was better. any advice would be appreciated cheers

I just got back from France a week ago, friend of mine moved to Montpellier area to a little village, he's renting at the moment 400 for a one bed house. Area is saturated with English trades people, so I'm sure money can be made out there

If yer birds over there then obviously move in or near and rent short term taking basics , within a short time you will know if your going to A. Like living there. And B. If you can make a living and look after yourself there not just survive. Either way nothing ventured nothing gained (y) good luck from the sunny shores of the costa del sol:descansando:

If yer birds over there then obviously move in or near and rent short term taking basics , within a short time you will know if your going to A. Like living there. And B. If you can make a living and look after yourself there not just survive. Either way nothing ventured nothing gained (y) good luck from the sunny shores of the costa del sol:descansando:

Do you speaky the spanish @A.plasterer ?

I've worked abroad before plastered in Australia for two year but yeah I know what your saying I won't know until I get there wether I'll actually like it in france just thought I'd ask question to see if anyone could point me in right direction if someone said there's loads of wrk in such n such a place I'd look more into moving to that area first. is plastering done the same in france??

Houses I seen were all drylined, and coloured render onto clay blocks. There's definitely work south close to the med, small developers only build if they sold it off plan, and I haven't seen massive sites like in UK but plenty of private ones

Did some work in brittany used some tubbed stuff crepi was 20 odd yrs ago , one off job racist where i was but getting hammered in their bars and taking work off em cant of helped our cause. Mostly trial and error with products to get how they set etc.
Good on yer though give it a shot.:birras:

high tax is the killer in france. we just work there for a couple of weeks then leave.

all lime plastering in france, if you can ever find a builders merchants open. we take materials with us from uk.
we even take meals that we can microwave with us as we know what to expect there.
you run out of milk in uk, you can purchase some within 10 mins. in france you will be out of milk for about 3 days.

I have a house in France and sometimes do work for expats. France is full of P&O builders who learned their trade on the boat coming over who work on the black for expats. Unless you are fluent in French you will not get work with local builders and anyhow the French employ French.

Having said that if your good and can turn your hand to number of things to a good standard you will find work almost anywhere in the world you find fellow countrymen and other northern european expats . Further south you travel the standards drop therefore a good standard of work will carry you through (y)

I have a house in France and sometimes do work for expats. France is full of P&O builders who learned their trade on the boat coming over who work on the black for expats. Unless you are fluent in French you will not get work with local builders and anyhow the French employ French.
That's fair enough

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Having said that if your good and can turn your hand to number of things to a good standard you will find work almost anywhere in the world you find fellow countrymen and other northern european expats . Further south you travel the standards drop therefore a good standard of work will carry you through (y)
The Australians love English and Irish plasterers :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

thinking of re-locating to france next year and I've seen a few lads on here that have worked out there or maybe live there. was just wondering which parts of france would be best for work been an English plasterer and is the money good etc
thought maybe parts of the south as there's expats there or maybe even on the border with Switzerland as that's where my girlfriend lived and she said workers would commute over the border as money was better. any advice would be appreciated cheers

Hi, I have bought a house in Switzerland that needs quite a bit doing to it. Call me on +41 767147642. John

Id love go live in France defo the places ive worked in certainly and the people i have met. Most places full of bullshit builders and tradesmen etc make me laugh but they get away with it !??? Shame as i loved my time over there !! Id go back tomorrow if asked for the right job

I worked there in the nineties and it was a private job so I can't really tell you what it's like today. The plaster is different though. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it? It's nothing like gypsum. We used something called lettece that was more a one coat plaster and it was available with a few setting times, a bit like retardo and rapido in Spain. I don't understand why something similar is not available in the UK. Good luck. Attempting to speak the language will always help

Im thinking about the canaries .... but f**k plastering in that kind of heat ... I'll just become a beach giglo, or masseuse :)

Id love go live in France defo the places ive worked in certainly and the people i have met. Most places full of bullshit builders and tradesmen etc make me laugh but they get away with it !??? Shame as i loved my time over there !! Id go back tomorrow if asked for the right job
U still have those pics of French maids.

Buy a bicycle ,string of onions, grow a moustoche, get a berry and a blue and white horizontal striped t shirt. You"ll be fine:sisi: