Rated people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use this site myself but as its gone very quite I had a look couldn't believe some of the budgets .
One guy wants you to take down an old ceiling, take a cast of the original coving, replace the ceiling with soundblock then replace the coving about 15m2

Lets break that down
Sounds like its a lathe & plaster ceiling very dirty seal and sheet up, replace with soundblock and skim plaster thats not to bad.
Take a cast of the coving, no problem if the fibre shop has the pattren, if not make a mould to match and run 4 or 5 lengths of coving.
Go back to the property and fix the coving and as its fibre its all got to be screwed up

My point is would you do that for under £1000.00 or am I just to expensive and thats why I got no work

I've had some nice earners from rated people, you can tell which ones are time wasters, my best mate pretty much gets all his work from them and earns pretty nice, nut he takes alot of the structual jobs now, putting steals in and stuff like that, then replastering, reckons it's a licence to print money, dunno how he gets his prices....haha

Plus I claim all the fees back on tax

I suppose £1000 is about right but someone will always come in cheaper about 3 days work. The cost in c

Labour is gonna be about £400 to take down and board. I guess the coving is going to take a day to install once you have the lengths. So round about £600 labour plus mats grand sounds ok if its straight forward

How much do you think it would cost to take down some ornate coving make a clay mould (unless you have got the same pattern) don 't forget you won't be able to take a mould direct from the piece of coving you take down because it will have 100 years of crap on it.
Make a rubber mould from the clay mould, run your coving then plug & screw it

use rated quite often had some great earners from it plus lots of repeat work and recommendations. You pay a small amount every 3 months to get your leads then if you like the sound of the lead you pay extra for it between 12 and 22 quid. You don't pay for all the leads just cherry pick. Also customer has to rate you in your work , then everyone can see how good or bad you are.. I have nothing but good to say about it. Also if you pay for a lead and the customer has already gone with someone or change there mind Rated always give you a free lead back...

depends on the complex of your mould if its a running mould it will be less than say an egg and dart, depends how many metres there is to run

Status
Not open for further replies.