Ragni tools

Cornelius

Just received a box of goodies in today’s post
7C3EFE6C-7CF2-4CE5-9583-BE339087D170.jpeg
B4299006-421F-48AC-ACCA-605C75CFC0E1.jpeg
C291DE9C-4182-4E77-9F7C-B02A3552A02B.jpeg
a selection of ragni tools, now someone posted a few weeks ago about their new ragni trowel they’d been floating with and I remember they seemed quite impressed, who was that? I can’t remember... anyway first impressions they seem sturdy and built to last,
•Stainless bucket trowel feels decent bonus it stainless can’t go to far wrong with that
• margin trowels again stainless and with these there seems to be a slight flex in them, going to be useful for skimming those awkward bits near architraves
• 2x 14 inch trowels difference is the handles one is a raised “high-lift” handle the other a standard, the high lift handle seems more comfortable the standard handle is a bit fat for my hand, both trowels got protective binders over the blade which is good. Normally I can skim with a brand new trowel but these seem very sharp on the corners and probably need some rendering first , slight permashape style curved on them and also a ground edge,can’t really see the rivets through the blade (one thing that really annoys me with marshalltown is the rivets so visible)
•16 inch screed trowel, normally a screeding trowel has a pointed tapered style edge at the toe of the trowel ? Seems well built 4 inch width.
• 2x cement edge trowels probably will give these to a good home, my mates a groundworker I’m not going to use them but again feel quite heavy and strong.

Not sure what the retail price is for the trowels so I’m not sure if ragni are trying to compete with other brands or just trying to improve their own kit. With the bucket trowel and margin trowel,being stainless they will be replacing my rusty ox bucket trowel and my rusty margin trowels I got from toolstation.
The Plastering trowels are a good improvement on the previous ragni black handle trowel I used at college. Realistically I don’t think they are aiming to compete with marshalltown or Nela, perhaps unfair of me to judge so soon without even using them. I’ll be rendering with them and see if they show much promise, but they are definitely well built and I’m hoping the highlift handle will be nice and easy on the wrist and elbow for tomorrow’s rendering.

In summary a good step forward for ragni I’d say to compare it with ox rather than marshalltown or Nela. Trowels are better than ox trowels for sure. If anyone remembers who it was recently that posted about their new ragni trowel?

Yes mate, it was me.

Using it again this week, breaking in very nicely.

They are a nice trowel for sure. Passed it around some other spreads on site - most liked it.
Only complaint from one lad was he didn't like the fatter Ragni handle. This is the one that is closer to the shank (in the middle pic above - the trowel at the bottom) . It has a small lump/bulge where your index finger sits.
I find it better and easier to get more grip with ease because of it.

As well as the two different handle depths, I think there might be two different quality rivet types.
Again - in the middle pic above - the bottom two have the quality 'proper rivet type' (Ox, Marshalltown, nela) and the top one is the type found on your more budget trowels - hidden rivets, maybe welded (Marshalltown Qlt range, and refina ones).

Yes mate, it was me.

Using it again this week, breaking in very nicely.

They are a nice trowel for sure. Passed it around some other spreads on site - most liked it.
Only complaint from one lad was he didn't like the fatter Ragni handle. This is the one that is closer to the shank (in the middle pic above - the trowel at the bottom) . It has a small lump/bulge where your index finger sits.
I find it better and easier to get more grip with ease because of it.

As well as the two different handle depths, I think there might be two different quality rivet types.
Again - in the middle pic above - the bottom two have the quality 'proper rivet type' (Ox, Marshalltown, nela) and the top one is the type found on your more budget trowels - hidden rivets, maybe welded (Marshalltown Qlt range, and refina ones).
Yeah that handle is is a bit chunky but it might be really nice when in use, working with two others tomorrow so will share them out and see what is said ... I’m not sharing the bucket trowel and margin trowels they can feck right off, they are definitely staying in my tool box. Vultures tomorrow morning I can see them all rummaging through squabbling over who gets what lol

The trowels went down quite well today, impressed with the build quality,no one was overly impressed with the chunky standard handle but the raised high lift handle seemed the one to go for of the two. Bucket trowel gave a good decent scoop (y) did you try them out @Danny

I’m confused now :wtf:

anyway decent improvements by ragni I think to move on to the next level the trowel handles need a bit of work and improvement for comfort but the actual trowel blade is good quality.

Retailing at around £30 a trowel from ITS , I have to be entirely honest with my feedback and personally I think that price tag is a touch high.

Just received a box of goodies in today’s postView attachment 23095View attachment 23094View attachment 23096a selection of ragni tools, now someone posted a few weeks ago about their new ragni trowel they’d been floating with and I remember they seemed quite impressed, who was that? I can’t remember... anyway first impressions they seem sturdy and built to last,
•Stainless bucket trowel feels decent bonus it stainless can’t go to far wrong with that
• margin trowels again stainless and with these there seems to be a slight flex in them, going to be useful for skimming those awkward bits near architraves
• 2x 14 inch trowels difference is the handles one is a raised “high-lift” handle the other a standard, the high lift handle seems more comfortable the standard handle is a bit fat for my hand, both trowels got protective binders over the blade which is good. Normally I can skim with a brand new trowel but these seem very sharp on the corners and probably need some rendering first , slight permashape style curved on them and also a ground edge,can’t really see the rivets through the blade (one thing that really annoys me with marshalltown is the rivets so visible)
•16 inch screed trowel, normally a screeding trowel has a pointed tapered style edge at the toe of the trowel ? Seems well built 4 inch width.
• 2x cement edge trowels probably will give these to a good home, my mates a groundworker I’m not going to use them but again feel quite heavy and strong.

Not sure what the retail price is for the trowels so I’m not sure if ragni are trying to compete with other brands or just trying to improve their own kit. With the bucket trowel and margin trowel,being stainless they will be replacing my rusty ox bucket trowel and my rusty margin trowels I got from toolstation.
The Plastering trowels are a good improvement on the previous ragni black handle trowel I used at college. Realistically I don’t think they are aiming to compete with marshalltown or Nela, perhaps unfair of me to judge so soon without even using them. I’ll be rendering with them and see if they show much promise, but they are definitely well built and I’m hoping the highlift handle will be nice and easy on the wrist and elbow for tomorrow’s rendering.

In summary a good step forward for ragni I’d say to compare it with ox rather than marshalltown or Nela. Trowels are better than ox trowels for sure. If anyone remembers who it was recently that posted about their new ragni trowel?
Haven't
Just received a box of goodies in today’s postView attachment 23095View attachment 23094View attachment 23096a selection of ragni tools, now someone posted a few weeks ago about their new ragni trowel they’d been floating with and I remember they seemed quite impressed, who was that? I can’t remember... anyway first impressions they seem sturdy and built to last,

haven't seen theses here in Ireland they look good might try get one ,just bought a Tyzack 16 inch carbon steel feels good in the hand it will be used on sand and cement for the next few months should get nice and sharp .