Quote per job or daily rate

andrew123

Hi all

I'm looking to get a plasterer to completely board/skim a house and also render the entire outside. Around 650m2 of internal walls, 200m2 of ceiling, and 750m2 of external rendering. Is it better for me to ask plasterers to quote for the job, or specify their daily rate? I realise there are advantages to both (probably much cheaper on a daily rate, but less incentive to get the job done quickly). Any thoughts welcome! Also, roughly what would people charge for each part of this job for the labour element only/as a daily rate?

Thanks in advance

Pick up the phone call a plastering team up get them to have a look and chat. Or I willl do it for £999 a day.

Yup. Let em give you a price.
Everyone knows where they stand then.

Good luck asking for prices on here

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yup set price that's how it works! You start asking a plasterer what time will he be there and leave on a evening were self employed for the reason for instance....IL put a set on at yours then go do a little ceiling in afternoon that needs clearing up ect days n plans change from time to time and that's why we don't work in a office 9-5 with a set wage clock watching lol.

Yup set price that's how it works! You start asking a plasterer what time will he be there and leave on a evening were self employed for the reason for instance....IL put a set on at yours then go do a little ceiling in afternoon that needs clearing up ect days n plans change from time to time and that's why we don't work in a office 9-5 with a set wage clock watching lol.
understood.

ok, now let's make the question more difficult... this job is abroad... how would that generally affect a quote? assuming i pay for travel and accommodation, do people generally charge the same for working away/more as it's hassle/less as they might like a change of scene?

Another shout for the set price crew here

I’d also be asking for a 2 year guarantee as well but that’s just me , if they do good job that’s all matters tbf

Hi all

I'm looking to get a plasterer to completely board/skim a house and also render the entire outside. Around 650m2 of internal walls, 200m2 of ceiling, and 750m2 of external rendering. Is it better for me to ask plasterers to quote for the job, or specify their daily rate? I realise there are advantages to both (probably much cheaper on a daily rate, but less incentive to get the job done quickly). Any thoughts welcome! Also, roughly what would people charge for each part of this job for the labour element only/as a daily rate?

Thanks in advance
Hi mate, if you state whereabouts you are I’m sure a well known member off of here will pop round and give you a price for your job! (y)

Hi mate, if you state whereabouts you are I’m sure a well known member off of here will pop round and give you a price for your job! (y)
Well it's 1500 miles from the UK... so if anyone makes the effort to pop over and quote then they deserve the job!!

Makes me puzzled why would you take spreads 1500 miles away to do a job, surely locals have better material knowledge and rates would even out or would be cheaper

I.m interested if its somewhere warm and can fetch family . If it' all ready I.d do price if it looks lime nowt gonna be ready be day rate . Wage every Friday

Makes me puzzled why would you take spreads 1500 miles away to do a job, surely locals have better material knowledge and rates would even out or would be cheaper
There's a few reasons I want someone from the UK.

Firstly, the language barrier. Yes, most Croatians speak good English, but when it's dealing with building jobs and getting everything 100% accurate, I don't want to risk any translation issues.

Secondly, builders on the island are expensive. Partly because there's not many of them and therefore they get very booked up. Also there is a regulation that says no building work can take place between mid-June and mid-September (the tourist season). Therefore they get even more booked up. Also the house is going to be quite Westernised in its style, so not the typical island-house renovation they'd be used to.

It's a two-hour commute from the mainland, so having a builder from the mainland doesn't work out much easier.

If it’s 1500 miles from the uk then how can you ask spreads on this forum for day rates??
Partly interested in what the usual UK day rate is. Secondly what day-rate someone would want if working abroad if their travel and accommodation was paid for

1500 miles.......pffft.......that commute is exactly 1499 miles further than I’d be prepared to go.......
But it might be a nice little earner for someone......

There's a few reasons I want someone from the UK.

Firstly, the language barrier. Yes, most Croatians speak good English, but when it's dealing with building jobs and getting everything 100% accurate, I don't want to risk any translation issues.

Secondly, builders on the island are expensive. Partly because there's not many of them and therefore they get very booked up. Also there is a regulation that says no building work can take place between mid-June and mid-September (the tourist season). Therefore they get even more booked up. Also the house is going to be quite Westernised in its style, so not the typical island-house renovation they'd be used to.

It's a two-hour commute from the mainland, so having a builder from the mainland doesn't work out much easier.
I see your point, when do I start?

Because Croats are all lazy bastards, that's why.

Come to work late, then have a coffee. When the coffee is finished, they might do a bit before it's time for a pivo and then have a kip.

Balkan men do fcuk all except drink and watch women work. Occasionally, when they can be arsed, they play Petanque, which doesn't involve sweating.

To be honest, they've got the right idea.

Because Croats are all lazy bastards, that's why.

Come to work late, then have a coffee. When the coffee is finished, they might do a bit before it's time for a pivo and then have a kip.

Balkan men do fcuk all except drink and watch women work. Occasionally, when they can be arsed, they play Petanque, which doesn't involve sweating.

To be honest, they've got the right idea.
Windsor Davies
Now theres a blast from the past

no building in tourist season? thats crap weather be rubbish. no holiday flings...nufink....lol

The weather is never crap in that part of the world.

@andrew123 - which island?

Don't pooh pooh this job. It'll be an amazing jaunt for someone.

The place looks like this, they know how to drink and it won't be full of lairy Brits. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dubrovnik-and-the-Dalmatian-Coast--Main-Image--Croatia-Sailing-Holidays-277971450110169_crop_683_341.jpg