query.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all. Went to see a job for a builder today he wants me to scratch coat Friday an top coat ( fine down) Saturday. I told him I leave a minimum of 3 days max of 5 to cure . Don't think I will do it for him as he was a pushy beep. just wondered if it is possible to top coat the next day ? Never really come across a situation like this. Cheers in advance

it is but you cant grantee its not going to crack when it drys i used to leave it few days but sometimes time is the issue and you have no choice but to do it id just say if it cracks due to shrinkage its not your problem etc though that right thick masonry paint covers a multitude of sins lol

Have been in this situation 3 times before, I advised the contractor that any cracks from shrinkage etc would not be down to me and he still wanted it done. 2 of them were fine and the other had a few cracks, but got paid to go and repair cracks so wasn't fussed.

i had to do a rendering job a while back in a factory and it could only be done in one weekend as the factory was only closed down that one weekend, been back there a few times since a the wall is fine,, not one crack anywhere, it was inside work though , the outside rendering we left a few days between coats

Status
Not open for further replies.