PVA over bond coat?

Rebeccaw

Hey all.

First timer here so be nice…
;)

Levelling up a kitchen off shoot wall to the dining room where we’ve had a wall taken out. It needed building up about 18mm so I’ve done one coat of bonding and didn’t realised the second coat had to be done soon after. I did the first coat yesterday morning and am coming to do the second now. Since it’s been 24 hours, should I do a PVA mix on the top or will it be ok? And when should I skim? A few hours later? The wall was already PVA’d to a 3:1 solution prior to first bond coat.

Full disclosure, this wall is being covered by a kitchen and tiles so it doesn’t have to look perfect - just level - but I want to skim it for practice before I do my fireplace that will be a focal point.

Thanks all,
Rebecca

Welcome! Yes pva before whacking more on. If you wait for it to pull in, to the point it’s not squishy but not actually dry, you can go straight over it without pva

Hey all.

First timer here so be nice…
;)

Levelling up a kitchen off shoot wall to the dining room where we’ve had a wall taken out. It needed building up about 18mm so I’ve done one coat of bonding and didn’t realised the second coat had to be done soon after. I did the first coat yesterday morning and am coming to do the second now. Since it’s been 24 hours, should I do a PVA mix on the top or will it be ok? And when should I skim? A few hours later? The wall was already PVA’d to a 3:1 solution prior to first bond coat.

Full disclosure, this wall is being covered by a kitchen and tiles so it doesn’t have to look perfect - just level - but I want to skim it for practice before I do my fireplace that will be a focal point.

Thanks all,
Rebecca

18mm is quite a depth....