PVA Failure

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Had 2 pva failures in the past 3 weeks. Just small sections of plaster that have come away when it's been painted.
Think it's time to switch to micro cos am sick as f**k of PVA

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Loads of s**t out there arti, what is 'micro' exactly? Never come across it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loads of s**t out there arti, what is 'micro' exactly? Never come across it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Microgobetis. It's by parex it's a textured bonding agent for rendering

Had 2 pva failures in the past 3 weeks. Just small sections of plaster that have come away when it's been painted.

Do you mean the plaster has pulled the surface you were skimming over away or just that the plaster didn't stick to the surface because of the pva?

What ratio do you mix it arti or do you just mix it up till it looks ok ?

The plaster came away from the background because of the pva I mix it 3:1 15 litres of water to a 5litre tub of glue

Some pva are really watery but I never had a problem always use 5l water to 5l pva. Can you skim onto of that microgobetis? And can you put it on top of paint? Before rendering? Iv got a wall to render half paint half brick work was gonna blue grit the lot but unsure

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What background were you going over? sometimes if the wallpaper paste isn't off properly I find it reacts with the pva and the plaster doesn't set properly on that area

What background were you going over? sometimes if the wallpaper paste isn't off properly I find it reacts with the pva and the plaster doesn't set properly on that area
I always get the customer to sugar soap to remove the paste residue. It's a possibility they missed bits

uploadfromtaptalk1457636390225.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just going off the manufacturers instruction marra

I use 15 litres water to 10 litres of this
WP_20160310_18_34_47_Pro.jpg

On the instructions on back it says 3 -1 but it is useless at that.
Got told by a reliable source that bostick evostik make nearly all the pva on sale anywhere in u.k which is then rebranded and also watered down source of evostik.
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had it happen years ago so since then depending on what the background is like ( very porous or not} i will put a pissy first coat of pva on and then go over with a stronger solution.

I hate to sound like Sherlock f**k**g Holmes but do you really think it was the pva if it was just a small section pulling of the wall?

Reactions: Pug
Been using unifinish all week but ran out today so back to good old micro and multi. Called rendit for a price for 2 micro and quoted £135 inc delivery. :eek:

Been using unifinish all week but ran out today so back to good old micro and multi. Called rendit for a price for 2 micro and quoted £135 inc delivery. :eek:
Went to a merchants I don't normally go to yesterday got charged £6.30 for board finish.
Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.