Putting up plasterboard

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory01

Hi, I hope someone can help. My builders have quoted for plasterboarding a 4 bed house and then 2 coat plastering it all. They have split the quote down between the 2 aspects.

They have estimated circa 250 sheets of plasterboard in total and I wondered if anyone has a rough rule of thumb as to how much they charge for plasterboarding. Whole house is a building site so no need to be clean but obviously there are ceilings as well as walls that need doing. Internal walls are wooden stud walls if that makes any difference.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

You have come on here and asked us to second guess a job that's priced by others, others who have visited it ,seen what needs to be done, you want us who have not to explain how they priced it . Do you get where this is going.

Different parts of the country will give u different prices, if your happy with price and they have come recommended, then go with these guys.

Anywhere between £2000 and £20000. There's a million and one things to consider when pricing

AH pricing... every job is different every customer is different.... Get some more quotes in and compare them...

Thats about the only worthwhile advice you will probably get... :-\

I understand where you are coming from. I'm just not one to like wasting other peoples time in coming to site to give a quote if the one I already have is fine. As it is I think the price to skim is good as know what friends have paid. Plasterboarding on the other hand is not something I am familiar with so I don't know if I am happy with the quote or not. To save wasting anyone's time I was hoping someone on this site might just give me a very rough guide on how they price for this kind of work.

Which leads me back to the original question which is does anyone work out their prices roughly on a per sheet basis?

Ps if it helps I have been quoted £4500 for just the plasterboarding which is about £18per board. This included the cost of the board so is about £13 fitting cost per board.

New build and renovation are two different price brackets I wouldn't give a sheet price on renovation the job would be priced on what I think it's worth to do

Ps if dansouthcoast84 is on here I would be happy for him to quote as he did for rendering. Welcome to come to site to quote but probably won't help as it's still being built. Maybe some plans would be easier?

It all depends. How big are the rooms. Have they got barrel ceilings. How tall are the rooms. Anything over 2.4 takes ages to fit that extra piece. How many cupboards. Are the studs laid out correctly. Its ball ache if not and you have to cut each board. Get someone else to quote it.

Thanks Mad82. Appreciate your response. I agree houses do vary in size hence I thought by quoting the number of sheets might help. 250 sheets of plasterboard at 2.4m x 1.2m is about 720 sqm of plasterboard.

Looks like I'm not getting too far with this. I will get a few out to quote if they can off plans and hope I won't be wasting their time.

Thanks anyway.

Sone tradesmen can't price of plan and like to look at job and work it out that way. Get more quotes it's part of the game pricing against other tradesmen

Look lads be nice, ok it's 3 days work to do the boarding so 3 x £100 = £300 :RpS_thumbup:

Ps if it helps I have been quoted £4500 for just the plasterboarding which is about £18per board. This included the cost of the board so is about £13 fitting cost per board.

So you've been quoted about £4.50 a metre. Nice!

No just labour cash in hand like :)
I would rather w8rk for free and give 100% of my earnigs to the tax man than give them nothing at all, lets be honest they always spend it wisely, they deserve more,not!"b******s"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather w8rk for free and give 100% of my earnigs to the tax man than give them nothing at all, lets be honest they always spend it wisely, they deserve more,not!"b******s"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whos the taxman mate? Never heard of him :RpS_unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.