Pure Finish

Members online

I havnt seen anywhere that stocks it..i used it once and decide nevernever ever ever would i use that shite again..there have made all gypsum boards out of the leftovers now..worst boards on market are gypsum we use g-tec
I used it a few times . Was good for first coat over artex ceilings

I do know one person who works in head office at bg and he said somebody advertises for them on here asked me to do it but said im not that sad and aint got time..could be him :coffe:

Mate its just F*****g hideous 4 palletts we have had not 1 F*****g board that you could cut normaly!

Il bet my life on being recycled out of date unifinish and other bollox!

There c**ts period!
I told our Jewsons manager that if any pallets turn up with the pink shite in the boards they won't be coming off the truck.
So far it seems to have worked.

A

Ahmen exactly!!!

Why the f**k should we have to pay a premium price for a differeny product just so we can actualy finish it!

Im all for paying more for the pure bla bla bla hippy vegan lesbian air puraties bothers some F*****g weirdo customer thats forgot to tek there tampon out bit not so it can be bought to be used as multi or board should be!

Its a F*****g liberty there a set of robbing c**ts!

And just to add thsts fine if you supply & fit and you gave the option to pass cost or tae the hit yourselves.

But some poor f**k**s have to use whats supplied and usualy a lot of it a day!

end of the day it all comes down to price and who is gonna cover the cost of paying extra? All well and good on your little 3 bag jobbers but when your getting pallets delivered to site the price difference is pretty big and that will have to be shown in your quote

end of the day it all comes down to price and who is gonna cover the cost of paying extra? All well and good on your little 3 bag jobbers but when your getting pallets delivered to site the price difference is pretty big and that will have to be shown in your quote

True. But the finish doesn’t matter on site so no need for superior finishing product

They’re painting the wall while ur laying in so just chuck it on n f**k off to next plot site monkey

Attachments

• AC0548D8-2F3F-41E3-AC15-7E5162C8AAAD.jpeg
    AC0548D8-2F3F-41E3-AC15-7E5162C8AAAD.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 176
True. But the finish doesn’t matter on site so no need for superior finishing product
I don't know what sort of sites you've worked on Mr. Mole, but I can assure you that those that I've worked on cared very much about the finish. And that's not to mention all the big 'one off' properties (sites).

I don't know what sort of sites you've worked on Mr. Mole, but I can assure you that those that I've worked on cared very much about the finish. And that's not to mention all the big 'one off' properties (sites).

Cheaper to pay the decorator to sand then pay a decent firm.

Jokes aside I guess this product is really aimed at the domestic market

Cheaper to pay the decorator to sand then pay a decent firm.

Jokes aside I guess this product is really aimed at the domestic market
Bit odd that a product aimed at domestics should need to be ordered by the pallet load don't you think? Well obviously as an insider you'd know the true answer to that.

Site our firm is on house is worth £8million when finished..that pic ur on about that djr hes only on £2m2 lurpack so thats very acceptable :coffe:

Site our firm is on house is worth £8million when finished..that pic ur on about that djr hes only on £2m2 lurpack so thats very acceptable :coffe:

Interesting this. Educate mE.

So lets say you have 400 plots in an unsavoury post code are. Will they get in cheapest firm?

But I’d have said 8 milly house they’ll pull in a well paid gang known for a quality finish ?

First off, thanks to @BritishGypsum for hooking me up with some pure finish. Credit where credits due.

Pure Finish

Mixed up bag n half. Powder feels finer. Nice n creamy mix.

Job was over-skim painted n old plaster walls some areas bonded.

First coat on, nothing to report here. Laid down with same mix. All good.

Moment of truth. Started to flatten with Marshalltown stainless, it’s at this point I could tell this was nice gear. Flattened nicely.

Trowel up same trowel very nice no rips tearing or anything. First time I used it n miss timed so used little water to finish but still nice no problems.

Second gauge same again but finished with no water just wet blade. Very impressed.

Conclusion. It’s very nice gear and the sets were around 2 hours as you don’t need to f**k about with it it finishes really easy. Ran plastic trowel over at end and it all felt like glass.

It sets fast but gradually. Doesn’t flash on you. It’s basically setting like multi-finish but in fast forward.

Will I use it again. Absolutely, already contacted them.

Can’t be arsed to debate the politics that board n multi should be as good as this. We upgrade our phones all the time for the latest more expensive models without crying. All phones work but some work better.

That’s how I’m looking at it. Sometimes board n multi is nice. Sometimes shite. Can always get a finish but sometimes it’s a stress. A stress I don’t need . So if there’s a superior product for a little bit more money I’m all for it.

Also u c**ts should give @Vincey credit for having the balls to try new products. They can’t all be great but I think this one just might be.

You'd think they'd give the trial products to people who know what they're doing, wouldn't you?

Interesting this. Educate mE.

So lets say you have 400 plots in an unsavoury post code are. Will they get in cheapest firm?

But I’d have said 8 milly house they’ll pull in a well paid gang known for a quality finish ?
New build we are on its just a private builder..its huge,nearly finished it..we arnt know where near big enough to take 400 plots on and wudbt want to as there the tightest payers and you get paid every 1-2 months..biggest job we have done is 32 bed hotel but got paid every 2-3 weeks,honestly mate builders would tell me to do 1 there would think im just making excuses there r all the same