public liability insurance

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa88m

Hey everyone just a quick question what would spray rendering come under for public liability insurance?

Many thanks.

Some insurance Co's do not recognize rendering as a trade. You can put it under plastering contractor or gener builder. Most co's only go up to 10m working height. Not that I would want to go any higher.

Direct line are very good, good cover for a reasonable price, mines just over a hundred quid for £2 million cover including my two lads

Hi guys :)

Good question! Having spoken to our underwriters, it is something that can potentially be covered under the category of 'builder', although I can certainly see the confusion with there also being a 'Plasterer' trade category.

Hope that helps a little? :)

Hi guys :)

Good question! Having spoken to our underwriters, it is something that can potentially be covered under the category of 'builder', although I can certainly see the confusion with there also being a 'Plasterer' trade category.

Hope that helps a little? :)
My insurance is due for renewal with you guys................do we get forum discount..............;) @SimplyBusiness

Just for your info. over here in the states I'm paying $160.00 for a required bond and around $1,300.00/yr (840£) for my liability insurance (2 million) - we have to many lawyers and law suits over here, makes the insurance rates go up.

Its still a lot cheaper for insurance in the UK
A couple of ears ago when I was getting close to renewing my insurances I was asking my broker to shop around for me because they were raising my rates again, I had been getting my coverage through Lloyds of London, they said they couldn't find anybody cheaper than $1,600 a yr (1032.00£). So after 23 years with the same greedy broker I found someone a bit cheaper probably 25% or more, if I would have stayed with them it probably would have been almost $1,800.00 by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.