Protecting external jobs from the elements.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
use ropes ratchet straps monaflex sheeting in 2mt width and 3 mt width and scaffold bungee ties to connect them.

use the rope stretched across the roof and ratcheted down as your anchor point on the roof an the scaffold for the rest. Be innovative and plan how to do it first

We work out the wind direction if it may rain ,as Ian said plan ahead ,if you go in gunho it will bite you on the bum

use ropes ratchet straps monaflex sheeting in 2mt width and 3 mt width and scaffold bungee ties to connect them.

use the rope stretched across the roof and ratcheted down as your anchor point on the roof an the scaffold for the rest. Be innovative and plan how to do it first

Thanks Ian, I was hoping you would reply as I remember you mentioned it.

Have you got any pictures of jobs you have covered? I will have a go at the method you describe but would be great if you could upload a photo.

I use scaffolding debris netting. Clip it onto the gutter brackets. Double up for sun and wind protection. Light and silent in the wind overnight.

I use scaffolding debris netting. Clip it onto the gutter brackets. Double up for sun and wind protection. Light and silent in the wind overnight.

No good for heavy rain though! Good idea attaching to gutter brackets, what do you use for attaching?

No good for heavy rain though! Good idea attaching to gutter brackets, what do you use for attaching?

For heavy rain hitting the wall double up. The netting has holes in the perimeter and you attatch to the scaffold fittings stud threads.

Use 3m widths not 2m. 50m to a roll at about £80 and lasts years. Some scaffold companies only use once but they are usually 2m wide. Never had a wash off since the 90's and good for frost protection as well as rapid drying.

We work out the wind direction if it may rain ,as Ian said plan ahead ,if you go in gunho it will bite you on the bum

the wind direction, where the suns going to lie on it, chance of rain -you need to be a meteorologist aswell as a renderer. :RpS_wink:

Look up Raintoday and it will give you the rain fall for the next 3 hours. Accurate not only in time but how heavy the rain is going to be.

I dont like fixin to gutters in case the wind pulls it off. I used to use the clips market traders use for making their canopies. Bit of wind and they gone.
Run a rope a couple feet from the gutter up the roof and it gives a great anchor point that flexes

Went up and over the roof, chained ropes together and used tarps, we are pretty much fully covered now.

:RpS_laugh:....................flynny has been found out.........................., by adcar, no less............................:RpS_lol:

Thanks for looking....when I update the galleries with some of the latest work we have been doing I'm sure your eat your words, anyway be nice to see some of the stuff you have done Arti? or is it just skimming board for you daily to?

Status
Not open for further replies.