Pricing

Easterlow080708

right Iv been asked to price 3 large houses for a friend of mine for board and plaster. I will be honest with you I never price on m2 rates.
so my question is what is the average going m2 rate for boarding stud and dot and dab ?

we are general builders so we just normally price the job as a hole but the chap wants to use us for bits here and bits there as he knows a guy ( can see it ending well )

right Iv been asked to price 3 large houses for a friend of mine for board and plaster. I will be honest with you I never price on m2 rates.
so my question is what is the average going m2 rate for boarding stud and dot and dab ?

we are general builders so we just normally price the job as a hole but the chap wants to use us for bits here and bits there as he knows a guy ( can see it ending well )
Not this again.

Price what the job is worth to you. Noone else's price matters in the slightest

I know what your saying mate but I will be honest its more so I know if they ask a rate.
Well how many boards can you put up a day?

If someone says it's 5quid a meter and you can only dab 10 boards a day you'll be working for less than 150quid a day

Train Reality GIF

So when you're pricing a job "as a whole", how do you come up with that figure?
Do you look at each element of the build, or just magically come up with a big number?
The fact you don't know anything about metreage rates suggests that you wouldn't be competitive on price, or even be suited to this type of work.

In other words I've got a price off a spread and I want to see if he's ripping me off and I can squeeze the s**t out of him..how old are you and how long u been going? If your a general builder you get prices and its a yes or no to them.you should know your own rate you charge by now then plasterer gets his cut then you take abit for getting the job

Look at it this way bob the builder how much cream do you want off that bowl of trifle to make a profit

Really I thought I was being generous lol the tackers I know on site get 2.25 and the Dabbers get 3.50 I did say to allow extra this is a job that is going to a subby, how are you keeping Andy all good in the Essex hood ?

Really I thought I was being generous lol the tackers I know on site get 2.25 and the Dabbers get 3.50 I did say to allow extra this is a job that is going to a subby, how are you keeping Andy all good in the Essex hood ?
You are being generous that's top ££ but we're in Manchester and the rates are £3.00 dab £2.00 tacking

Tacking must be the hardest trade to make money 90 percent of the time you’re either moving boards asking for boards or getting rid of rubbish lol

I'm all good cheers Dave, how are you and the family?

15mm Fireline getting populare with architects, feck that. Think they're 30kg? I struggled to move one board around site recently, young mans game.