Pricing

Members online

Trisha 12

So guys I’ve been plastering 15 years and my customers are always happy with prices , lately I’ve been working for a builder who keeps expecting lower prices , trying to have me over , before I cut ties with him, what prices do you all charge for internal work I’d usually charge...
200 / 250 to board walls and ceiling in a large room with chimney breast and 460 to skim , no materials included works out around £6 quid a sq metre . I am a very good , clean and fast plasterer ! What do you reckon xx

I'd charge a lot more than that, tell the builder to f**k off, 9/10 builders are c**ts, want everything for nothing while they live mortgage free, have holiday homes, loads of motors, 5 holidays a year.. they are near enough always greedy, minted, ungrateful wankers that are good at one thing only, and that's shafting people.

I know exactly what sort of money the builders I've worked for charge, they will make atleast what you're earning through you whilst sitting at home wanking themselves off in the mirror over how amazing they think they are, they are usually just car salesman at best.

I only work for one builder and have done for 9 years. Worked for others but always been a hassle.

It just comes down to charging what you want to earn out of a job. Sod everyone else’s opinion and if the builder don’t like it, don’t work for him!

Welcome by the way!

For years I worked for peanuts, looking back it’s biggest regret I have , funny thing is can’t blame anyone but myself, which makes it even worse ffs

Out of interest why's that Vince? Only ask because I'm similar.. never worked for peanuts but always just charged a day rate, as opposed to what the jobs worth, earn a lot more now, took a few years to learn how to run a business though, guess that's part of this game though!

Out of interest why's that Vince? Only ask because I'm similar.. never worked for peanuts but always just charged a day rate, as opposed to what the jobs worth, earn a lot more now, took a few years to learn how to run a business though, guess that's part of this game though!
Same really mate I always use to think was doing well but penny only really dropped 2 years ago to sit down and actually write everything down to work out an actual minimum price to charge to make it all worth while, when I did got really fed up about it all thinking what a t**t , busy fool I been for years but having said that can only look to future now and enjoy last part of my career.
I’ve never really been bothered about money see guys chasing money all time never made me happy, key for me is to enjoy a day but now I do charge better or at least what I should

Same really mate I always use to think was doing well but penny only really dropped 2 years ago to sit down and actually write everything down to work out an actual minimum price to charge to make it all worth while, when I did got really fed up about it all thinking what a t**t , busy fool I been for years but having said that can only look to future now and enjoy last part of my career
Every decent , humble person has at some point sat down and thought ‘what a t**t’ about themselves!

Thing is bud, that's how we learn, in hindsight you always wish you did things differently.. what matters is where you're at now!

I don't chase money either, as long as I got what I want to do the things I want that's all that matters! I only work weekends if I choose to or a job over runs, if I'm too busy to fit a job in, it's their problem not mine, rather be happy than chasing my tail!

Agree @John j and another example was a guy fitting a carpet on a job he got there at 8 am when I did , asked how much is it in total fitted when he told me price I looked up at the ceiling I done loads cheaper and thought ffs , I was there all day for that ceiling he finished 9am and went to another

Got a pal my age early 30’s carpet fitter since school now has a firm fitting all sorts supply m fit on new builds too. He could retire 5 years ago.

Theres big money in any trade just depends on the brain of the person doing it

Got a pal my age early 30’s carpet fitter since school now has a firm fitting all sorts supply m fit on new builds too. He could retire 5 years ago.

Theres big money in any trade just depends on the brain of the person doing it
Not plastering though. Very few are properly successful

I think there's a point where you come of age and need to know that's when to shove your prices up

It’s when your mentality changes to understand they need you, you don’t need their shitty little job. This gives you an air of confidence and people want you to do the work.

Otherwise you just come across as desperate and overly helpful, and that only leads to one thing, people taking advantage.

Probably not as not alot in terms of supplying with it. Massive money in flooring materials, pennies in the fitting.

I only see money in domestic plastering tbh. Need to kill yourself on site to make it pay in my opinion.

Decent spread with decent reputation can earn tidy money domestically
Its kept me going for 20 years and its a lot easier on the body. In the early days I made mistakes pricing but once I started asking customers what estimates they had I realized that most of the time I was in middle and could push it a bit more. Once you get going you can pretty much price each job off the top of your head then its materials and expenses on top.

Its kept me going for 20 years and its a lot easier on the body. In the early days I made mistakes pricing but once I started asking customers what estimates they had I realized that most of the time I was in middle and could push it a bit more. Once you get going you can pretty much price each job off the top of your head then its materials and expenses on top.

Definitely mate. I know exactly what I’m charging before I leave the house but never tell them as it puts people on the spot. I text or call the same day with a price and availability. Works for me.

I do enjoy big (ish) gauges and banging empty houses out but wouldn’t want to do that day in day out.

It’s another reason I feel bad for site monkeys. They’re always up against it. s**t money and always some cheaper firm or some nutter burgalling plots at night beading up to claim em. Genuinely think they should earn more.

Domestic jobs each one is like an investment. Do a great job, smitten customers recommend you for free. Want you back for more work etc. I love it.