Pricing Work..

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyMorgan17

I've just qualified as a plasterer and been doing a lot of work for myself and got a lot more lined up in the next few months I've been given work word of mouth with out advertisement but i have been giving ridiculously low prices eg: Plastering full down stairs of a house £200 over old skim and charging £30 a day which i know labourors on more so can someone give me a price guide please?

You should be charging from 60 pound a day if you, ve not much experience up to 100 120 a day once you know your stuff thats what guys are charging over here in Belfast

Is there someone you could go work for/with to gain more experience. There's a lot to learn and adequate pricing is one of them.

Lol 30 a day thats 2 much for a clown like u.

Got nothing positive to say how about you do one? only asking for some help.

My old boss company got liquidized and he's moved to London for work so i cant ask him as he's changed number etc, also i've been plastering since i was 15 laboring and plastering small walls im 21 now, every job ive done since i've left my old boss i've had positive feed back from other plasterers and customers.. I wouldnt like to work for another plasterer as i want to have a go myself, i know i got a lot more to learn but that will come in time. So if someone would like to be grown up on here and like to give a bit of advice then i'd appreciate it (Y)

It should not matter were yr from realy you can't run vans keep yr tools up to date pay insurences and keep people houses clean and tidy for £30 a day

It should not matter were yr from realy you can't run vans keep yr tools up to date pay insurences and keep people houses clean and tidy for £30 a day

The jobs are really local to me with it only being a maximum of a 10 minute drive away from mine, my tools are all brand new as my dad pretty much bankrolls me when i want something new and i have loads of dust sheets as my brothers a Carpenter and fathers a plumber so im forever taking theres.. i know £30 is a really low price hence the reason i've asked for advice not sarky comments off people...

right I have a business in a different area a few years ago and when we were just starting out we only charged 40 aday for labour with materials on top of that but we sharp started to put our prices up when things started to work out for us as for the comment about vans and like add 5% to the job to cover that

right I have a business in a different area a few years ago and when we were just starting out we only charged 40 aday for labour with materials on top of that but we sharp started to put our prices up when things started to work out for us as for the comment about vans and like add 5% to the job to cover that

Finally someone who speaks sense thank you!

Obvs depending on your speed. If your doing a wall a day then 30 is about right. I got taught as a guideline when i first started to price for about £40 per bag of multi if that makes sense. So if you do 4 bags a day then charge £160

See dan. this is what happens when you send out 'kin emails telling people to get involved. You sort this one

Obvs depending on your speed. If your doing a wall a day then 30 is about right. I got taught as a guideline when i first started to price for about £40 per bag of multi if that makes sense. So if you do 4 bags a day then charge £160

I'm pretty quick on the tools I have been doing this 5 years it's not like I've just started.. Just wanted advice of people on here but that seems to be hard as everyone on here thinks there God and was never in my position starting out.. They all became pros over night by the sound of it..

Reactions: zii
I'm pretty quick on the tools I have been doing this 5 years it's not like I've just started.. Just wanted advice of people on here but that seems to be hard as everyone on here thinks there God and was never in my position starting out.. They all became pros over night by the sound of it..
Why would you ask another plasterer how much "you" should be charging for work, surely only you can decide how much you want to earn

Why would you ask another plasterer how much "you" should be charging for work, surely only you can decide how much you want to earn

I'm just asking cause if it was up to me I'd charge stupid amounts and then wouldn't get the work, but I'm getting told by other tradesmen that I'm charging way below the mark but there not plasters so then don't know what they would charge and I've asked plasterers down my way and they don't want to share there prices cause there scared of competition...?

ring a plastering firm tell them the truth how long you been doing it etc work on site for a couple of years and you will no about how much a meter you will learn a lot

or even better decide how much your Service is worth for yourself and charge that, some jobs you will win some you wont but no one can tell you how much you can or should be charging

or even better decide how much your Service is worth for yourself and charge that, some jobs you will win some you wont but no one can tell you how much you can or should be charging

Okay thanks mate just wanted some advice of a rough pricing range on what to charge...

Status
Not open for further replies.