Pricing confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the thread knobhead. Hes not moaning. Just curious. Wouldnt you want to know what your spending your money on?

Read the thread knobhead. Hes not moaning. Just curious. Wouldnt you want to know what your spending your money on?

I would do what i do with getting a plumber, Get 2 or 3 quotes and just pay him when he's finished,
I'll tell you what i wouldn't do, go on plumbers forums and find out where every penny went.

He hasnt asked us to break down the fellas quote has he. Hes simply asked us for our opinions. He was happy with the work and happy with the price he paid. Hes obviously been happy with the first job. Asked the spread to do more work trusting him to do a good job for a fair price He's looking at it from the publics view and they don't always understand what goes into a job.

If more customers took the time to understand how we price and what goes into pricing then prices could well improve. We used to do some work for a part time property developer and we'd spend all day putting in steels and hed think nothing of it. Next day we'd spend half a day stickin a load of boards on a wall and he'd be overwhelmed because it looks like loads has been done.

Fair enough,
Still don't think its fair to comment on someone else's prices, but i'm knobhead

Most people have told him hes had a fair price and explained that each job is different and sometimes there can be a lot of work involved which isnt thought of by the public. Dont get me wrong if someone had their house skimmed for £500 and moaned about being ripped off then there would be a problem but this is not the case

You can give the same price for the same work to two different customers, one will rub their necks and say it's too dear and the other will snap your hand off.

Finished a job once andvthe customer was giving me a hand with my stuff to the van and spotted a bag of finish. He said, it didnt take as much plaster as you thought then?
I just gave him a certain look.

You should have gave him it, and he could have got a refund at the merchants,:RpS_thumbsup:

Or told him you always bring a couple extra, in case the walls are awkward, but you're not gonna charge him for the extra one :RpS_thumbup:

Aye, always keep a few spare in the van in case the customer say '..while you are here can you...... .. .' :rolleyes)

methinks hawwwkman is a spread and he is just trying to find out if his prices are competitive or not by making these stories up,had my doubts when he called his handboard a hawwwk, as we know and agree in unison its called a handboard,

Hes just looking for advice. but i do agree that was a little cheap and bathrooms are the most arkward. plus materials and travelling tax. think you got a good deal. maybe give the rest of the work to him as he is doing a good job. and getting more quotes will just waste your time. as he is quite cheap any cheaper the job will be rushed. :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.