Priced up

Members online

No members online now.
It's not, it's really cheap. But if you said your day rates £150, that doesn't mean you can double the cost of materials then moan about it when the customer calls you out
What planet you on . You never stuck a bit on for fetching gear ? If I’m driving my van using my fuel and time to fetch materials for someone who could get it themselves then I’m sticking some on . It’s called business . If anyone has an issue about cost of materials then they can fetch it themselves

What planet you on . You never stuck a bit on for fetching gear ? If I’m driving my van using my fuel and time to fetch materials for someone who could get it themselves then I’m sticking some on . It’s called business . If anyone has an issue about cost of materials then they can fetch it themselves
As I said before doubling the price and getting caught out by customer doesn't give you a right to moan about it. We all know he's added a good £30 on

As I said before doubling the price and getting caught out by customer doesn't give you a right to moan about it. We all know he's added a good £30 on
If he skimmed my hallway for £150 I’d be surprised if he didn’t add some on for the gear. Maybe he should of said the price to begin with. I never get into the costs of materials with customers , I give them an all in price and go a bit overboard with the quantities just in case of the rare chance they will fetch their own

N
Don't trust anyone even if you think you know them,
Local old school trustworthy builder I know I have done several jobs for, talking about extensions 5K plus jobs, asked me to come and have a look at a job last summer I went round said I can't really give you bang on price mate but I'll give you a rough idea to budget too I said you would be looking at about 5 Grand,
When it was built I went back and gave him a fixed price there was two large walls built which was originally going to be glazing so the job came to 7000, he understood the circumstances and we agreed on cash no invoice shook hands old school a man's word is his bond,
Finished a week has gone I no mention of my money so I went round said where's my money mate he said I'll sort it tonight how much 7 grand you said five, the c**t said,
Anyway the mood changed and I got my money,
never again even if you think you know them.
No friends in business

Where do you get your materials guys, £30 profit ? I literally paid 50 something quid, I don't buy cheap s**t pva, and I used 2,5 bags because walls were shate and I had to put it on thicker, so that's 3 bags which is not 15 quid. I definitely understand he can question it, but I'm picking up material using my own vehicle and using my own material too like scrim etc.

Where do you get your materials guys, £30 profit ? I literally paid 50 something quid, I don't buy cheap s**t pva, and I used 2,5 bags because walls were shate and I had to put it on thicker, so that's 3 bags which is not 15 quid. I definitely understand he can question it, but I'm picking up material using my own vehicle and using my own material too like scrim etc.
I’m with you mate . f**k him . If he don’t like it he should get off his fat arse and fetch his own gear . When you order a take away and they charge you delivery you don’t stand at door arguing with the driver

Why’s materials getting mentioned you put a price in that is the price! It’s on a need to know basis and joey customers don’t need to know!!! Don’t tell um your day rate few tricky characters have tried that I say why are you talking about day rate when I’m giving you a price? Silly bastards
And thas a bit cheap for a hallway me old cocker (y)

Gotta keep things brief with private customers!
Hi mrs Smith the price for your living room including materials and labourer is £650
Regards nob jockey plastering services. If they start googling s**t just say yup its all within the price full stop!
Look forward to hearing from you or not yadda yadda who gives a f**k (y)

Gotta keep things brief with private customers!
Hi mrs Smith the price for your living room including materials and labourer is £650
Regards nob jockey plastering services. If they start googling s**t just say yup its all within the price full stop!
Look forward to hearing from you or not yadda yadda who gives a f**k (y)

But this is how I always do it so it was my fault in the way , should of really just said the price at the start. But it was Sunday and just thought gonna do it and in my opinion is a good price so didn't expect complaints about it. Never had that...

All this nonsense could have been avoided...
Give price beforehand regardless if you've worked for them before or not.
To cheap or not is another debate. :rolleyes:

50 odd quid :risas:

Attachments

• DE188DCE-7D5B-4894-908A-341D9EEC3759.jpeg
    DE188DCE-7D5B-4894-908A-341D9EEC3759.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
You don't seem to grasp how to run a business?
I do, I quote before I do the work...

And we've seen your plastering, you shouldn't really be commenting on here

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sneaky feeling he is really a plastererphobic, actually a customer that got ripped off and belittled by one of our kind.
Just a realist. Fail to quote for a job and charge double for materials you're going to get called up on it now and then. Can't moan about it when you do

I do, I quote before I do the work...

And we've seen your plastering, you shouldn't really be commenting on here

If you had a small ceiling to skim and it was a bit of pva, half a bag of skim and three lengths of scrim would you charge for all of the materials or just the percentage you used?:popcorn: