Price increase for all!! horah!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye very nice do a bit round there as well
I plastered a delicatessen across from the pub restaurant where a lot of the players hang out and was at the time Ronaldo was going to Madrid and Eddie van den Sar came past watching us work as did David Platt but best bit was the rush of cars and people when Ronaldo went past and the chasing media /papperazzi was mayhem that day!! On the plus side loads and loads of sexy milfs and 40+ so I was a happy chap :RpS_laugh:

I plastered a delicatessen across from the pub restaurant where a lot of the players hang out and was at the time Ronaldo was going to Madrid and Eddie van den Sar came past watching us work as did David Platt but best bit was the rush of cars and people when Ronaldo went past and the chasing media /papperazzi was mayhem that day!! On the plus side loads and loads of sexy milfs and 40+ so I was a happy chap :RpS_laugh:
Yep know wt u mean

Rumour has it there is about to be a boom in construction and you lot are gonna be reaping the rewards?
Unfortunately your not!
Why? I hear you ask,
let me explain.
Example:
5 years ago a lady was paying 30.00 for her nails at a beauty salon but a new salon opened and advertised nails for 20.00 then an other salon advertised 15.00?
Then all 3 salons realised it was impossible to increase prices again!
Now they are stuck with a set price because of there own stupidity, does my example ring any bells?
Anyone doing domestic plastering and thinking they can increase prices is welcome to give it a go, forget it.
Plasterers have no governing body who will step in and say enough is enough, because the trade is full of amateurs.
I've been in this game a quarter century and I know what I'm talking about.
This situation has been created by a new growth industry called "plastering course centre's" this is the end result of these chancers training chancers and flooding the market with chancers!!!
The only guys that will shout me down will be the short cut course chancers?
I really couldn't give a **** what you clowns have to say which is why I never respond to anything they say.
Any of you lot that "got into" spreading as a get rich quick gimmick are in for a nasty shock, few years down the line when your hands and shoulders and knees don't work properly and hurt like hell, you'll try and increase your rates because plastering has took a toll on your health and you deserve more money.
Guess what?
Your gonna realise you can't because golden balls plastering course is still churning out chancers!
This trade is fried and you can thank the very same people who promised you an earning potential of a few grand a week, sad but very very true my deluded friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumour has it there is about to be a boom in construction and you lot are gonna be reaping the rewards?
Unfortunately your not!
Why? I hear you ask,
let me explain.
Example:
5 years ago a lady was paying 30.00 for her nails at a beauty salon but a new salon opened and advertised nails for 20.00 then an other salon advertised 15.00?
Then all 3 salons realised it was impossible to increase prices again!
Now they are stuck with a set price because of there own stupidity, does my example ring any bells?
Anyone doing domestic plastering and thinking they can increase prices is welcome to give it a go, forget it.
Plasterers have no governing body who will step in and say enough is enough, because the trade is full of amateurs.
I've been in this game a quarter century and I know what I'm talking about.
This situation has been created by a new growth industry called "plastering course centre's" this is the end result of these chancers training chancers and flooding the market with chancers!!!
The only guys that will shout me down will be the short cut course chancers?
I really couldn't give a **** what you clowns have to say which is why I never respond to anything they say.
Any of you lot that "got into" spreading as a get rich quick gimmick are in for a nasty shock, few years down the line when your hands and shoulders and knees don't work properly and hurt like hell, you'll try and increase your rates because plastering has took a toll on your health and you deserve more money.
Guess what?
Your gonna realise you can't because golden balls plastering course is still churning out chancers!
This trade is fried and you can thank the very same people who promised you an earning potential of a few grand a week, sad but very very true my deluded friends.

i did a coarse mate and i am now c and g qualified. your post is an insult.you know what? if iwas'nt good enough or did'nt know the theory i would not have gotten it. you are old and bitter by the sounds of it. and i do'nt mean disrespect but they where the old days with labor party etc. things always change. you cannot fix prices mate. if you are good enough you will get work and get good money for the work perhaps why you do'nt answer people is because you can not defend your argument. i still have hings to learn and if older people like you were not so bitter you might pass that on that is why the trade might die i tried to get with local plasterers but they did not want to know me so who am i going to learn the rest off? catch 22 mate. have you got the answer? and i do'nt mean to be direspectful i respect you for what you have done but your time has past.

Ha dave dog youve got timeserved DEAD your time has gone maybe his trowel is in mourning but he does have a point and so do you !

i did a coarse mate and i am now c and g qualified. your post is an insult.you know what? if iwas'nt good enough or did'nt know the theory i would not have gotten it. you are old and bitter by the sounds of it. and i do'nt mean disrespect but they where the old days with labor party etc. things always change. you cannot fix prices mate. if you are good enough you will get work and get good money for the work perhaps why you do'nt answer people is because you can not defend your argument. i still have hings to learn and if older people like you were not so bitter you might pass that on that is why the trade might die i tried to get with local plasterers but they did not want to know me so who am i going to learn the rest off? catch 22 mate. have you got the answer? and i do'nt mean to be direspectful i respect you for what you have done but your time has past.

a few fair points, dave. a few naive ones. liked because you seem to have a monkey on your back and seem to be getting a hard time. just don't start stalking me.

lads that passed in my college were shite most only spread that 1 day a week , qualifications dont make you a good plasterer !

The O P makes a fair point. There are plenty that will disagree and that could be classed as burying your head in the sand just because your still getting work and keeping busy. In my opinion you have to think ahead and not just in the present.

I read something recently that there's a fall in brickies, plumbers and joiners. No mention of plasterers. You don't need to be a plasterer to know that this trade is absolutely flooded with so called "plasterers." The public know it too and there's plenty of us to choose from.

The chancers aren't as good as time served. They are mostly just having a go but on the domestic side where it's roughly 80% skimming then what they've been taught is enough to get by and compete with local time served spreads. It's that simple!

While these courses continue it will only get worse IMO. Call me pessimistic but on this subject it's better to be a realist than to ignore it and then run out of work in months/years and wonder what the hell has happened :-/

the fatal flaw with this thread is that you can do a six week course in plumbing or electrics, as well. but the prices in those sectors haven't gone down. wht aren't there lads coming out of those courses and undercutting the competition?

I agree @Jurek both @Timeserved and @davedog make good points. When I passed my city and guilds including level 3 with credits and distinctions followed by a 2day practical skills test in Manchester (part of an nvq qualification you had to have back then to be considered "time served" ) and a further 6 months of pure practical work before I earned my first weeks wage on "proper" wages!!??
One of old boys as I was opening my wage envelope very exited I have to add with Ideas of the pub in my head, said to me something like "Right lad your in charge tomorrow so you better have an idea what we are all doing !"
My smug grin dropped and I admit I was very uncomfortable for a few seconds till he burst out laughing !!
What am saying is with all the qualifications you can get!? Nothing is going to make you better than experience! Especially with good people around helping you along!
Marshys Jackonory finished for now as bloody late for work ....Doh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
should have something like 'federation of master builders' but a plasterers version run by spreads who know the score, and only genuine plasterers whos work meets the standard set can say there a member , am i talking b*ll***s or anyone think this is good idea?

I agree @Jurek both @Timeserved and @davedog make good points. When I passed my city and guilds including level 3 with credits and distinctions followed by a 2day practical skills test in Manchester (part of an nvq qualification you had to have back then to be considered "time served" ) and a further 6 months of pure practical work before I earned my first weeks wage on "proper" wages!!??
One of old boys as I was opening my wage envelope very exited I have to add with Ideas of the pub in my head, said to me something like "Right lad your in charge tomorrow so you better have an idea what we are all doing !"
My smug grin dropped and I admit I was very uncomfortable for a few seconds till he burst out laughing !!
What am saying is with all the qualifications you can get!? Nothing is going to make you better than experience! Especially with good people around helping you along!
Marshys Jackonory finished for now as bloody late for work ....Doh!!!
I did exactly the same at a place in Trafford for two days

should have something like 'federation of master builders' but a plasterers version run by spreads who know the score, and only genuine plasterers whos work meets the standard set can say there a member , am i talking b*ll***s or anyone think this is good idea?
How do you think it should work and what type of plasterers should be allowed in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.