Price hike

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Went in B&Q multie £6.20 no multie buy, Wickes £6.19 no multie buy but you could get the 10% off I suppose BG have to increase prices coz someone's got to pay for the Uni fiasco :whistle:

Well compared to lreland you get your finish for nothing 6 pounds for a bag that would be 6.80 euro here a bag of skim here is 13 euro a bag average here I think I will start importing it from uk thankfully plasterer s here very rarely buy material s we let the customer do it

Travis once tried me for £20 for 5ltr of PVA :D
Got a travis half mile from my house but wont use them cause their prices are double of any other merchant. Also got a big huws gray yard just down the road but never get decent trade prices. Dont these big firms want us to use them?

The firm I work for hold accounts with travis and jewsons. They would rather we use travis if possable as they say, they are cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The penny has only just dropped for me reading what Flynny and Andy just said , I’m yet to buy any gear yet but am at merchants tomorrow, if I still get board finish at £5.20 ish ( like last year ) first I’ll be happy and second I worked out what’s going on , the prices hiked at diy joe stores but a pound a bag cheaper at merchants would mean bg actually trying to help the tradesman make profit , because for the first time ever I’ll be able to get my gear cheaper than joe bloggs.
Nice one

Just been to look at a job and been that lo g since i bought owt i.m gonna phone Travis up to get price as i have no idea.
How bout I list what I need see who can get closest . Winner get a big bag of nowt
6 8×4 12.5 boards
3 insulation boards( the pink foam ones think there 25 mm thick)
5 adesive
4 finish
Roll Skyrim
3 2.4 beeds
Tin foam
5 ltr pva
Roll of roll n stroll
I.m thinking 235

Just been to look at a job and been that lo g since i bought owt i.m gonna phone Travis up to get price as i have no idea.
How bout I list what I need see who can get closest . Winner get a big bag of nowt
6 8×4 12.5 boards
3 insulation boards( the pink foam ones think there 25 mm thick)
5 adesive
4 finish
Roll Skyrim
3 2.4 beeds
Tin foam
5 ltr pva
Roll of roll n stroll
I.m thinking 235
£260-£280 in TP

If you spend £1o in an Easter bonus ball you could win £590 without this hassle , have a nice weekend break ,don't be a tight asss like the baron

Tell ye what as a bit of fun I.ll put a little prize up . Closest to it with out going over wins a plaster related prize