Price hike

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 29624

Went to bed and q yesterday and a 6*3 board was £5.25 and no multi buy said that's gone now, that was the price of their 8*4 a few months ago, what caused the hike, boards up near 20% and skim 15%

Also ordered 10 themaline were £27 6 months ago and £36 now

My b and q was the same until recent but will need to have a look now, it soon mounts up, get better prices for pallet but not always suitable

Sometimes make me think if we all downed tools and refused to use them across the country they would be f**k*d without us!! They got us all by the bollox cos they know we can't afford to do this!! Nobody out there to help us if school teachers, fireman, hospital staff ain't happy they will express their views we just put up with it and winge on here lol.

Sometimes make me think if we all downed tools and refused to use them across the country they would be f**k*d without us!! They got us all by the bollox cos they know we can't afford to do this!! Nobody out there to help us if school teachers, fireman, hospital staff ain't happy they will express their views we just put up with it and winge on here lol.
We could sign on and live like kings for few months

Hand on heart I haven't got a clue how much gear costs these days . Can't remember last time I bought owt .

We could sign on and live like kings for few months
Lol. Never signed on and never will I want f**k all from this government might as well of done though seeing what you can get in life if you never done a days work!!! Makes the mind boggle and I don't blame the people that do it as they been allowed to get away with it from a f**k*d up system.

Lol. Never signed on and never will I want f**k all from this government might as well of done though seeing what you can get in life if you never done a days work!!! Makes the mind boggle and I don't blame the people that do it as they been allowed to get away with it from a f**k*d up system.
I count every empty bag... :buitre:
That' why I put all empty bags in one and waste on top. Throws ye me trail lol

do believe i warned everyone last year about price increase , my example was the multi finish price hike at b&q, on that thread i got mocked by certain members and they basked in there own glorification of how good wickes are compared to any where else , well you mark my words you are also in for a shock because guaranteed wickes will follow suit with there extinction of multi buys and cheaper prices on plaster products , the only way forward for any self employed plasterer with a half brain cell is merchants , battle them off and keep the rewards , tbh I'm surprised @Plasterers1StopShop haven't yet capitalised on this scandal of the bigger diy stores price increase yet in 2018. plasterers are up in arms and there is a perfect opportunity for them to wipe out the rest of the market.

do believe i warned everyone last year about price increase , my example was the multi finish price hike at b&q, on that thread i got mocked by certain members and they basked in there own glorification of how good wickes are compared to any where else , well you mark my words you are also in for a shock because guaranteed wickes will follow suit with there extinction of multi buys and cheaper prices on plaster products , the only way forward for any self employed plasterer with a half brain cell is merchants , battle them off and keep the rewards , tbh I'm surprised @Plasterers1StopShop haven't yet capitalised on this scandal of the bigger diy stores price increase yet in 2018. plasterers are up in arms and there is a perfect opportunity for them to wipe out the rest of the market.

To be honest mate, price increases are hitting all of us! BG one has been a tough one to swallow in all honesty

When prices rise...no matter what it is,milk bread,timber, cement,bricks plaster, whatever... It's the end user who pays..ie the customer

I think that you're spot on.
The likes of Wickes and B&Q have only been able to sell so cheaply because BG have been supplying to them at cheaper rates than they do to merchants, including Jewsons, part of the same group.
It has made no sense that Joe pops into a store, picks up five bags of finish and pays just a little more per bag than someone buying a full pallet from a merchants.

@Fatarm is right , price will go to customer but it doesn't help one bit that in general an over all near 20% increase on all plaster products has happened when quoting on a bog standard room , some say it is to be expected each year but I don't agree , it's just squeezed every last possible penny out of any profit possible for us to make when quoting in a highly cut throat environment

Wickes and B&Q always cheapest, they follow each other. the prices get hiked because British Gypsum put them up every year without fail. we need competition, we need to buy other brands to make British Gypsum think about lowering prices for once.

Wickes and B&Q always cheapest, they follow each other. the prices get hiked because British Gypsum put them up every year without fail. we need competition, we need to buy other brands to make British Gypsum think about lowering prices for once.
Buy what other brands though?
Knauf can't even be bothered to produce a decent finish plaster.

multi finish has clay in it, that's why its so smooth, its also the reason it cracks after a few months.
If Knauf, MakeGood or Siniat put clay in their machines it contaminates every other product they make.

if you could say to one of the others that they will sell 2.5 million bags a year, guaranteed then they would invest in the plant, but no one can so British Gypsum will keep putting the prices up even when raw material costs are going backwards.

Who gives a flying fook!!!

People just need to grow a pair of bollox and pass cost direct over to there customer just like in any other industry!!!

Set of F*****g weirdos getting a flap on over few pence on already cheap plaster products!!!

Owwwwwww scary!!!!!

Who gives a flying fook!!!

People just need to grow a pair of bollox and pass cost direct over to there customer just like in any other industry!!!

Set of F*****g weirdos getting a flap on over few pence on already cheap plaster products!!!

Owwwwwww scary!!!!!
Stop shouting will ya :LOL: