Poor standard of funded work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD5F1265-6398-4498-970A-80DEDB1187B6_zpsbazmjmh7.jpg

not doing a lot at min bud iv got smsts card now so do a bit of managing for paul bishop at telling blaisdons but most of his work is south wales at min thay are putting in for a lot of work this way on so hopefully we will be back at it soon but i got a 7 man team doing nothing at the min so if you ear of any work let me now..

Just reading through this thread for a nosey and it's shocking seeing some of the photos of the work left behind.i'm not experienced with Ewi but was offered some work a year or so ago through a lad who used to work for me on these funded council jobs.i went along to gain experience with a view to doing more.only ended up doin a few days coz the work was so bad I thought I was the one who didn't know what I was doin these guys were supposed to be experienced but just had lads firing insulation boards on (badly) then base coat badly then top coat and hoped they got paid which they did.i refused to do the work as I was not happy and could see you would never get a good job out of what was bein done.i'm a competent plasterer and work to a good standard and through personal pride couldn't churn out that sh#te! I don't think experienced plasterers would have any problem using this system once learning the basic technical requirements the same principals apply throughout plastering,if u don't prep right u can't expect the job to be right.like u all say its people jumping on the band wagon after a quick buck who are ruining the game.

Brittish Gas use a company called ECL they are owned by brittish gas.
They will use cheap eastern euopean labour that are managed by uk foremen that have no clue about ewi.
I have seen work they have done before and its a shambles,No system rep will put there head above the water and condemn this work because British gas will no buy from them again.

at last some one finally mentioned the cheap east european f@@@wits who are installing substandard all over the country but then only £6 hr so british gas dont care raking it in...... does anyone guarantee for 25 years they will all wriggle out...... i was back in germany last year had a look at some of the ewi work my gang did suprisingly good nick after 17 years and believe me we cut a few corners on stingy prices but check out the next building which at the time was done by poles and turks/albanian/ bosnian /wherevertherefokavakia and it had been redone hehehehe wonder when british gas will be redoing them then again the german legal system is strict on council contracts and the firm who was responsible is defunct ( i used to know the son ) suprise dont happen much in germany but then again it was a guy who started very quick and wanted to be the bigboy in ewi

The work is for a local housing association, they have dropped their prices for ewi so a lot of the quality installers are not interested now.
I don't know who this gang of installers are all I know is that they are coming from The midlands to work here (west wales)!

there was a gang coming down our way from stoke 160 mile round trip when m/2 wasnt quite ready they signed a daywork sheet for them for cleaning prep etc i asked my mate plumbing there what they got daywork cos he knew the agent well .....£80 and they were brits there were 3 must have cost ones day in diesel .....and they did good job the c**t they worked for was the problem with his bling car and spiel i told him so also lol he was brit also but with bullshit gift of gab and a piece of paper and contact in the council what a t@@sser would have had the trowel stuck up his @ if it was up to me

there was a gang coming down our way from stoke 160 mile round trip when m/2 wasnt quite ready they signed a daywork sheet for them for cleaning prep etc i asked my mate plumbing there what they got daywork cos he knew the agent well .....£80 and they were brits there were 3 must have cost ones day in diesel .....and they did good job the c**t they worked for was the problem with his bling car and spiel i told him so also lol he was brit also but with bullshit gift of gab and a piece of paper and contact in the council what a t@@sser would have had the trowel stuck up his @ if it was up to me

That's the reality of the industry in a lot of parts. On site rates are always keen I mean proper sites. Not one off new builds
Hrly rates and the industry dictate.

These lads go out pricing privates that your family firm might usually undertake. But they will swipe the gear of site work for cash and be happy with 20 quid more per day.

You can't compete with that if you have a bespoke little business.

Status
Not open for further replies.