Poor render work.

BTCL

I have a semi-detected property which had a bad cement render job to the side and rear. When planning to add a side extension it was decided that the property would be re-rendered - side and rear inc. the new extension.

My builder advised that as removing the existing render would cause too much damage to the brickwork, so Ceresit render would be rendered over the top and would be done in three stages;

1. any prep work would be completed first and the side and rear of the house would be rendered by a sub-contractor, less the area where the side extension was to be built and the window reveals as the windows were being replaced.
2. once the side extension was built, that would be rendered by the builder.
3. any making good the rest of the house would be completed by the sub-contractor.

Now the job has been finished, I am shocked at how bad it looks! Iv attached some pictures to show the quality of the work completed. The builder tells me that any colour difference will fade in time and blend as one. Other areas can be made good.

Any advice before my meeting with the builder and sub-contractor?

Thanks

Attachments

• R4.jpg
    R4.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 1,247
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 844
  • R14.jpg
    R14.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 598
  • R10.jpg
    R10.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 770
  • R8.jpg
    R8.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 582
  • R6.jpg
    R6.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 775
  • R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 541
  • R12.jpg
    R12.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 645
  • R17.jpg
    R17.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 459
  • R14.jpg
    R14.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 624
Colour won’t fade in time. This is just to keep you satisfied till you’ve paid. Textured finishes can’t be ‘patched’ as shown in one of your pics. Not sure what advise you’re looking for as I’m sure you know it’s bad

I have a semi-detected property which had a bad cement render job to the side and rear. When planning to add a side extension it was decided that the property would be re-rendered - side and rear inc. the new extension.

My builder advised that as removing the existing render would cause too much damage to the brickwork, so Ceresit render would be rendered over the top and would be done in three stages;

1. any prep work would be completed first and the side and rear of the house would be rendered by a sub-contractor, less the area where the side extension was to be built and the window reveals as the windows were being replaced.
3. any making good the rest of the house would be completed by the sub-contractor.

Now the job has been finished, I am shocked at how bad it looks! Iv attached some pictures to show the quality of the work completed. The builder tells me that any colour difference will fade in time and blend as one. Other areas can be made good.

Thanks
U been #caspered, seeing a lot of it lately. some of the reveals look like they have got the layed on and left look lol. Cracking job Casper

Thanks
9BFB7124-1D56-4553-9113-DE75AB11F667.gif

Everything builder said & done is wrong
Only solution to this is to get a real pro In

your welcome

The only true way is mono! Did the bloke try and sell you a lurcher and a new tarmac drive aswell by any chance?