Plastic trowels!!!!!

Members online

I actually managed to get a uniform finish on a couple of weeks ago. Did the downstairs on the Friday then went back on the Monday to do upstairs and the downstairs looked immaculate. Did exactly the same with the upstairs and looked like s**t when dry lol thought I'd cracked it for a second

I swear to god i did a room 2 weeks back that looked absoloutley flawless wet.

Customer away poped in to collect money yesterday and they will have only if seen from when dried and it looked awfull!!

Dont get me wrong will be bang on painted but it does my head in!

I actually managed to get a uniform finish on a couple of weeks ago. Did the downstairs on the Friday then went back on the Monday to do upstairs and the downstairs looked immaculate. Did exactly the same with the upstairs and looked like s**t when dry lol thought I'd cracked it for a second

That's exactly it, and we all go mad blaming ourselves, OK we may f**k up the timings by 30 seconds or so.. And that's the difference between a spot on finish and a horrendous DIYers finish lol.. Is it f**k. I'm gonna order me a nela max and give it a shot.

That's exactly it, and we all go mad blaming ourselves, OK we may f**k up the timings by 30 seconds or so.. And that's the difference between a spot on finish and a horrendous DIYers finish lol.. Is it f**k. I'm gonna order me a nela max and give it a shot.
So after putting on with steel do you use nelamax all way through?

Used refina plastic for years love em. So tempted to buy nela max but my mate whose been using refina plastic for years hated it

So I got one of those ox mediflex and I have compared it with the nelamax and the only difference I see is the handle the actual plastic is identical in every way! I put a post up a while ago about the ox and it was slated! Was this just because it's got ox on the logo and morons actually don't have a clue and are just been trowel snobs? Not actually used it yet but will have a go tomorrow I got a nice size wall to do tomorrow so will have a go with the ox mediflex all way through and put some snaps up! If it's s**t I'm blaming the forum :ROFLMAO:

So I got one of those ox mediflex and I have compared it with the nelamax and the only difference I see is the handle the actual plastic is identical in every way! I put a post up a while ago about the ox and it was slated! Was this just because it's got ox on the logo and morons actually don't have a clue and are just been trowel snobs? Not actually used it yet but will have a go tomorrow I got a nice size wall to do tomorrow so will have a go with the ox mediflex all way through and put some snaps up! If it's s**t I'm blaming the forum :ROFLMAO:
All my kit is ox...from my trowels to my tape measure..

Keep us posted what you think of it. The ox and nela max are identical blades I'm sure
They look it 612O0J6uzLL._SX425_.jpg NELA-MAX-WEB.jpg

All my kit is ox...from my trowels to my tape measure..
Tbh all my trowels are Kraft and marshaltown I use refina flex to finish normally but wanted to give a plastic a go and the ox is what they had in supplier on offer so thought would give a go! It's been under the seat in the van for the last month but @zombie mentioned plastic spaziflexs and it triggered something in my head! Weather I use it tomorrow is another story will of forgotten by the morning :risas2:

I totaly agree and im the 1st to say the trowel doesnt make the finish the spread does.

However im on a quest to see dried plaster walls look lime they did 20 years ago all 1 colour when dried and for the love if god i cant seem to manage that anymore.

Paints perfect, looks perfect wet, but dogshit prior to paibting abd it does my head in!
Flick over with a plastic trowel certainly achieves this.

What you mean by that???

Ive finished sets off and not touched a drop of water but yet when dry walls look cloudey and inconsiatent!
Ha , so a bag of powder that's mixed up with water is going to be inconsistent when spread about on a consistent surface mmmm
Be back later

Best solution is to leave before it's dried. The pure finish I used last week seemed to dry the most uninformed I've seen for a while. Only used it cos I got it for nowt off @The Apprentice . Think it's going for £6 a bag at B&Q

Has anyone ever tried putting a handful or so of lime in with multi finish never tried personally but would be curious of the results? Just to cream it up a bit makes s/c more rich and playable! Someone must of tried this? Kinda works in my head.

As in wet trowel or just last bullshit trowel!
Last bull s**t trowel. I have my breaks on fly so I.ll wet trowel then cross . Then put first coat of next set ( dont do big sets) then drop back on last set with plastic

Ahhh not intetested then tried them before for a bull s**t trowel imo nothing gained over than shining a wall up!
[/QUOTE]
Exactly this. You're going over a basically gone off wall for no benefit. Doesn't get out any blemishes or lines just shines it

Ahhh not intetested then tried them before for a bull s**t trowel imo nothing gained over than shining a wall up!
@Danny Uses his.max when gears still wet . . Through till end. I cant get knack of it .

Few months back I had got really lazy with skimming . Put second coat on to thick or to soon knowing I could pull it back with plastic but was spending more time on wall.
Now I just keep it simple and enjoying it again. Even tempted to put a sign on steering wheel or summet so me heads in game lol.

Phhhh piss & wind!!!

Ok serious question am i missing a trick????

Had a lad on an extension this week that we couldnt get to for a builder. Called in yesterday expecting the usual disappointment.

Flawless, best work ive see in a long time tbh, noticed on the wibdow sill 2 very worn in plastic trowels so im assuming he finishes with them.

Painted areas looked mint, wet areas mint, even dried plaster looked mint!

Thoughts???
Get yourself out of that f**k**g cold shower and off to Specsavers you daft git.

Exactly this. You're going over a basically gone off wall for no benefit. Doesn't get out any blemishes or lines just shines it
[/QUOTE]
It does get out blemishes or lines