Plastering work - not impressed what shall I ask for to sort

Members online

I'm starting to think you've done this work,it's been called out and your now seeking reassurance that you've sorted it.the desperation :coffe:
I would be impressed if I could of done it , as one thing I’d love to be able to do is plastering! Would save a fortune as not cheap is it

No it wasn't.

That's not a £700 job.
It is here…. Prices was 400 skim only by 2 guys. Others was 670-800 for back to brick, board and skim. Ceiling was re boarded, window wall and one next to it was back to brick and board. Other two walls was a lot better so just had repairs then skim all over…. But I’m quite satisfied with it now. So I can leave you all be lol you will all be pleased

Last edited:
It is here…. Prices was 400 skim only by 2 guys. Others was 670-800 for back to brick, board and skim. Ceiling was re boarded, window wall and one next to it was back to brick and board. Other two walls was a lot better so just had repairs then skim all over

You may have already said, but how long did it take them?

3 days it was. Till I moaned about finish then they come back twice since… there was some grit stuff they put on wall that wasn’t boarded so that was left to dry one day

Ok, so enough time to do a good job.

Do you have any photos during?

3 days it was. Till I moaned about finish then they come back twice since… there was some grit stuff they put on wall that wasn’t boarded so that was left to dry one day
All the time in the world, yet they turn out s**t like that. If you're not going to pay to get it hacked off, then it's you a bag of filler and sanding till you're happy enough to live with it.

That's the long and short off it.

Here is one … they did do something decent which helped me out to be fair. They cut up the carpet and took it with them to get rid of it. Which they didn’t need too, so appreciated that

Attachments

• B73C4464-E0C5-4A24-A3C6-668E3E5EDE06.png
    B73C4464-E0C5-4A24-A3C6-668E3E5EDE06.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 586
In some ways, from what I can glean from your replies, is that they were kind of well meaning in that they almost knew how to go about the job, and prob thought they were doing a good job but clearly pushing their skill set to the limit. No excuses though.

In some ways, from what I can glean from your replies, is that they were kind of well meaning in that they almost knew how to go about the job, and prob thought they were doing a good job but clearly pushing their skill set to the limit. No excuses though.
Bit like yourself then

Sorry you're in this situation mate.

I've seen some shocking plasterers but this is beyond a joke!

I hope you havent paid them?
I'd also be reluctant toask them to re-do it.

Maybe take the L, find another plasterer and put it behind you?

It is here…. Prices was 400 skim only by 2 guys. Others was 670-800 for back to brick, board and skim. Ceiling was re boarded, window wall and one next to it was back to brick and board. Other two walls was a lot better so just had repairs then skim all over…. But I’m quite satisfied with it now. So I can leave you all be lol you will all be pleased
sad leonardo dicaprio GIF

Sorry you're in this situation mate.

I've seen some shocking plasterers but this is beyond a joke!

I hope you havent paid them?
I'd also be reluctant toask them to re-do it.

Maybe take the L, find another plasterer and put it behind you?
Put another plasterer behind me or the previous job ? Lol