Plastering over artex...................again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furemuff so you turn around and say I can't plaster that sorry and if it's painted you turn around and say sorry can't plaster that

No just plaster it mate its just sometimes there involves obstacles to get over and any one worth there salt should be able to get over it as long as the jobs to a degree your happy with.

No just plaster it mate its just sometimes there involves obstacles to get over and any one worth there salt should be able to get over it as long as the jobs to a degree your happy with.

Spot on Bod, we're not saying you can't or shouldn't skim over Artex Spunky just that there are reasons why BG don't and would be daft to guarantee it.

I done a job a few years back, the contractor supplied a product called Extex, i painted it on a few hours later scrapped the lot off, left a nice clean ceiling, not the way id want to do it all the time, but it would be easier and cost the approx the same as that smooth it s**t.

Seriously though how many of you's have skimmed over artex many many times? I have an many blokes good spreads i've worked along side have always done it.

Only thing i got taught is certain artex re emulsifies turns to sludge once glue, if that happens let the glue set for 24hrs then skim no problem..

To be safe I pretty much always glue 24hrs before simples, an if any had ever come off i would have known about it

if you pva over old pva. it will emulsify so surely the artex under said pva will still emulsify?

Dont think Bond it re-emulsifies, like SBR don't totally quote me on it as read this long time ago but tiles can't tile over pva cause the pva re-emulisfies an the tiles fall off.. but they can with sbr (read it a long time ago)

Back to artex pva 24hrs before skim it, Always let your first coat go off a fair bit before you lay it in otherwise it hangs heavy cause the thickness, an the pattern will show through. Common mistake by people

It can be skimmed as good as board if its not a 3 way bendy ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.