plastering job at Derby council

MrSpoon

hope this is ok to post... job through an agency with Derby city council/derby homes. says 4 week contract but the last bloke was there over a year until he found work closer to home.

http://www.barkerross.co.uk/job/plasterer-10/
  • Derby
  • £11.31-14.09 per hour
Company

You will have the opportunity to work with a large housing association within the Derbyshire area covering repairs and voids work to a high quality. You will have the opportunity to work on an initial 4 week temporary contract.

Job Role

You will work on a day to day basis on responsive repairs and void properties, the work will be a mixture of patching work and full wall skim work and you will have experience of housing maintenance work primarily. You will work on customer facing repairs and therefore customer service/care is a vital part of this role.

Person

You will have extensive experience in a similar housing repairs role and a relevant qualification in plastering. You will have your own tools, driving licence and van for business use, you will ideally have experience of damp proofing work and an asbestos awareness qualification is desirable. You will have experience working in a social housing environment both on responsive repairs and void property work. You will have excellent customer service skills and be well presented. You must have NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds or BTEC in plastering to be considered for this role.

Reward

You will have the opportunity to work for a large housing association and an opportunity to advance your career.
You will be working an initial temporary 4 week contract.
You will be paid between £11.31 – £14.09 per hour on a weekly basis.

If you are interested in this role please contact Lee Sanderson at Barker Ross on 07726 995 912 or email uk .

If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me.

Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.

Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.

This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
bGVlcy41NTA3NS43MDkyQGJhcmtlcnJvc3MuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t.gif

Please call Lee Sanderson on 0115 948 3757 for more details.

Hi can I still claim my jsa? Il have Job but would need wed afternoon off as need to sign on etc? Can u just pay me back hand cash in a envelope that would be lovely jubbly :)

not entirely sure what the issue is with everone? i work for derby homes myself and thought i was doing a good deed basically handing out a job as i know first hand the agency don't have anyone on the books to take up the position. i know full well the agency role pays more than i earn myself on a set salary with the fuel mileage coverage and £10 per day food allowance? which is a joke tbh but that's what they offer. i'm not fussed either way if anyone takes up the offer or not as i'm happily employed and not exactly grafting for the wage but thought it would be nice to offer it out incase someone was in need of the work.

i think of all people Danny himself can vouch for me not being a shameless self promoter working on commission on behalf of a job agency!

the whole adverts just random job agency nonesense tbh, the job in all seriousness entails patching up here and there after leaks, tenants drunk partner punching holes in the wall so lots of fist hole repairs. odd bit of dashing and patching up round door frames etc, it's a retirement job for an old spread or an easy life for any capable plasterer tbh. regular income tho which is a plus. none of that sales pitch is mine btw, copied directly from the agency website. if i was to advertise id say slow n steady plasterer required to drink tea and have the crack with tenants keeping them amused whilst bodging up as best they can!

Either way mate , just doesn't make any sense tbh. It's not the circus forum, it's tpf and no wonder it sound like offence - 11-14 per hour. It's craft and agency that puts this up with nvq requirements says it all . The advert is wrongly addressed - they need retired clown from the circus , not a plasterer.

Ps. Tell them to try with plaster, might have more success, but even then I doubt it.

not entirely sure what the issue is with everone? i work for derby homes myself and thought i was doing a good deed basically handing out a job as i know first hand the agency don't have anyone on the books to take up the position. i know full well the agency role pays more than i earn myself on a set salary with the fuel mileage coverage and £10 per day food allowance? which is a joke tbh but that's what they offer. i'm not fussed either way if anyone takes up the offer or not as i'm happily employed and not exactly grafting for the wage but thought it would be nice to offer it out incase someone was in need of the work.

i think of all people Danny himself can vouch for me not being a shameless self promoter working on commission on behalf of a job agency!
Hi I live in between Derby and Nottingham it was good of you to share but I think it's an offense to alot of time served plasterers that they can offer a wage just above minimum wage and a bit disheartening that that is what they think plasterer is worth but I suppose if it pays bills and someone is happy to work for them then that is sadly the reality of working for councils around here..

Hi I live in between Derby and Nottingham it was good of you to share but I think it's an offense to alot of time served plasterers that they can offer a wage just above minimum wage and a bit disheartening that that is what they think plasterer is worth but I suppose if it pays bills and someone is happy to work for them then that is sadly the reality of working for councils around here..
It wouldnt be any good for you pete, they wouldnt let you work 9.30-2.30(y)

14 per hour is 30k per year on 40 hour contract, holidays included, imagine you get a van with no maintenence, insurance etc, got to be worth another 2k, fuel included probably, food allowance....not sure why its so insulting. If I can knock out 30k this year I wont be too upset

14 per hour is 30k per year on 40 hour contract, holidays included, imagine you get a van with no maintenence, insurance etc, got to be worth another 2k, fuel included probably, food allowance....not sure why its so insulting. If I can knock out 30k this year I wont be too upset
Plus free materials

£14 a hour is ok to say ur doing bare minimum..there arnt paying that tho lodan it says between £11-14 so id imagine u start off on £11 for the 4 weeks work then there will prob say will call u wen we need you if there was offering £14 p/h y not just put that and completely take the bullshit £11 out of the add? Y? Because that's wat ur getting for the 4 week contract there think we r so thick

£14 a hour is ok to say ur doing bare minimum..there arnt paying that tho lodan it says between £11-14 so id imagine u start off on £11 for the 4 weeks work then there will prob say will call u wen we need you if there was offering £14 p/h y not just put that and completely take the bullshit £11 out of the add? Y? Because that's wat ur getting for the 4 week contract there think we r so thick
Yeah 11 isnt great but still 23k with benefits which aint to bad for someone with a mortgage to pay who needs the steady income...i imagine a job like that at the council if your decent goes permenant as maintenence is always required on the council properties....then you get the extra of a pension....not defending or calling it just saying would be ok for the right person

All I saw was 11-14 no van no fuel no food unless you saw a different advert

All I saw was 11-14 no van no fuel no food unless you saw a different advert
I know lads who worked with council and never known anyone not driving a council van, was the chap who worked for derby council who mentioned food allowance...could be wrong on feul but I bet they do give a fuel allowance, most jobs where driving between places is a requirement give a feul allowance and council jobs are usually pretty fair

I know lads who worked with council and never known anyone not driving a council van, was the chap who worked for derby council who mentioned food allowance...could be wrong on feul but I bet they do give a fuel allowance, most jobs where driving between places is a requirement give a feul allowance and council jobs are usually pretty fair
I do agree you would get all that working for the council but this vacancy is for Barker Ross who is a agency and will give you f**k all

I do agree you would get all that working for the council but this vacancy is for Barker Ross who is a agency and will give you f**k all
Yeah you might be right, if you were good though I bet they would take you on....i used to do payroll on some agency workers and we paid double what the staff get paid when including the agency fee....was only commenting anyway that it didnt seem that bad....i wouldnt want it personally, as my mates who worked with council said your dealing with scummy cock heads half the time

Ye its thru agency a 4 week contract lodan must have own tools,van etc and asking for a quality spread..i agree if council put the add up and u got taken on by them full time and all the works pension,van the lot ye £14 is a nice little job as I can imagine u wud barely put a bag a day on..this agency will be charging £20p/h plus and pay £11 wen it cums down to crunch or the £11 wudnt be in the add

My daughters mother-in-law had a plasterer round her council house. Did one wall a day. Ideal job for an old boy who don't want to get under his wife's feet at home

My daughters mother-in-law had a plasterer round her council house. Did one wall a day. Ideal job for an old boy who don't want to get under his wife's feet at home
If I was on knackered shelf and was getting on Id love a job like that tbh..no stress in finding work,pricing jobs,m2 eating to get a wage in etc..but i think its fact its for a agency and the £11 in there is why the post is getting stick

I did 3 months doing council work when i first got back from working in Germany. I hated it working in shitholes where they lived off benefits and most were the scum of the earth the state of their rooms and kids rooms etc but still had massive plasma tv on the wall and latest game box doofer plus alcohol and often needles everywhere. Some are ok dont get me wrong but most are just the kind of people youd like to have put down. Im no prima donna i grew up on a rough council estate and know the score but standards of some people are non existent these days sadly

I did 3 months doing council work when i first got back from working in Germany. I hated it working in shitholes where they lived off benefits and most were the scum of the earth the state of their rooms and kids rooms etc but still had massive plasma tv on the wall and latest game box doofer plus alcohol and often needles everywhere. Some are ok dont get me wrong but most are just the kind of people youd like to have put down. Im no prima donna i grew up on a rough council estate and know the score but standards of some people are non existent these days sadly
A mass cull is needed. Machine gun the f**k**s.