Plastering Apprenticeships Forum

If you are a plasterer that is looking to take on an apprentice then please post your details here including contact details

If you are looking to get into the plastering industry and are looking to become a plasterer the please post your contact details here

Please ensure you leave details of where abouts in the world you are

Good Luck

Danny

Dean Drake

Name: Dean Drake

Date of birth: 11/03/1992

Address: 1A Hazelbury Avenue

Abbots Langley

Hertfordshire

WD5 ODE

Telephone Number Home: 01923 261257

Telephone Number other: 07772484320

E -mail address: deandrake_123@hotmail.com

Personal Profile

My name is Dean Drake; I am 19 years old and have just finished a three year advanced plastering course at West Herts Dacorum College in Hemel Hempstead, in which I passed with distinction. I am a good worker and will always give 100 percent to the things I enjoy doing, and I’m a creative person with a keen eye for detail. I work well on my own and use my initiative, but I'm also very good when working as part of a team, I will always listen to others and take on board their opinions and advice. I have my own car and a full and clean driving license, and my hobbies include football and fishing.

I have worked with a few plasterers on different occasions over the last couple of years, and was given the opportunity to work on my own as well as working as part of a team. I learnt a lot and enjoyed being able to gain different experiences and techniques and be given expert advice by the professionals I was working alongside. I also enjoyed the experience of working in different environments.

I have since developed my own personal portfolio, designed flyers, and on producing these I have completed several plastering jobs. All the work which I have completed I thoroughly enjoyed and worked to what I believe to be a high standard. I am reliable, tidy and will always strive to work to the very best of my ability. I am keen to carry on learning in all aspects of plastering and to gain as much experience as possible. I realise that I need to work with experienced plasterers for me to progress further and I would like to be given the opportunity to show you my work.

Aspects of plastering which I have covered over three years:

Internal Plastering

External angles, Internal angles, Finishing coats, Patching walls, Curved walls, Floating ceilings, Patching ceilings, Plaster boarding, Dry lining.

External Plastering

Pebble dashing, patterns and decorative affects, Tyrolean finishes, plain face render.

Floors

Floor screeds.

If you would like to take the opportunity to contact the professionals I have worked alongside, and some of the clients that I have worked for, please do.

References: - Professionals I have worked with

Mr Lesley Lewis – College Tutor - Dacorum College – 01442 221530

Mr Alan Groves – 38A Torrington Road, Ruislip Manor. Middx – 01895 478872 Mob 07966171778

Mr Gary Quick – 55 Cedar Drive, Hatch End, Pinner, Middx – 02085 4213391 Mob 07717000240

Mr Jimmy Wallace – Mob 07836575091

Clients who I have completed work for

Brian Sheppard – 16 Kingsfield Road Bushey – 01923 240117 Mob 07979697664

Ian Drake – 92 Park Crescent Harrow Weald – 07761192368

Mr John Dunne - 9 Lauderdale Road Abbots Langley – 01923 449719 Mob 07736411434

Mr Steve Slinn 34 Edinburgh Drive Abbots Langley -

Mr & Mrs Edwards – 01923 261246

Education & Qualifications

Divine Saviour Primary School.

St. Michael's Catholic High School.

West Herts Dacorum College

English D

Maths D

Science D

Graphics C

P.E B

National ICT C

Drama D

Level 3 Diploma in advanced plastering City & Guilds (Distinction).

Good luck Dean get yourself a cscs card and be prepared to work for a few blokes to keep the days filled times are a bit harder at the min mate

Well presented mate. The cvs I get sent are sh1te. Post that to some local spreads in ur local yellow pages. If u where closer to me I'd try u out for a few days

Hi I'm doing a level 2 diploma at chameleon school of construction in Swadlincote 2 days a week wed+thur, I'm looking to gain on the job experience I'm 27 hard working and willing to learn, from derby.

Dean Drake

Name: Dean Drake

Date of birth: 11/03/1992

Address: 1A Hazelbury Avenue

Abbots Langley

Hertfordshire

WD5 ODE

Telephone Number Home: 01923 261257

Telephone Number other: 07772484320

E -mail address: deandrake_123@hotmail.com

Personal Profile

My name is Dean Drake; I am 19 years old and have just finished a three year advanced plastering course at West Herts Dacorum College in Hemel Hempstead, in which I passed with distinction. I am a good worker and will always give 100 percent to the things I enjoy doing, and I’m a creative person with a keen eye for detail. I work well on my own and use my initiative, but I'm also very good when working as part of a team, I will always listen to others and take on board their opinions and advice. I have my own car and a full and clean driving license, and my hobbies include football and fishing.

I have worked with a few plasterers on different occasions over the last couple of years, and was given the opportunity to work on my own as well as working as part of a team. I learnt a lot and enjoyed being able to gain different experiences and techniques and be given expert advice by the professionals I was working alongside. I also enjoyed the experience of working in different environments.

I have since developed my own personal portfolio, designed flyers, and on producing these I have completed several plastering jobs. All the work which I have completed I thoroughly enjoyed and worked to what I believe to be a high standard. I am reliable, tidy and will always strive to work to the very best of my ability. I am keen to carry on learning in all aspects of plastering and to gain as much experience as possible. I realise that I need to work with experienced plasterers for me to progress further and I would like to be given the opportunity to show you my work.

Aspects of plastering which I have covered over three years:

Internal Plastering

External angles, Internal angles, Finishing coats, Patching walls, Curved walls, Floating ceilings, Patching ceilings, Plaster boarding, Dry lining.

External Plastering

Pebble dashing, patterns and decorative affects, Tyrolean finishes, plain face render.

Floors

Floor screeds.

If you would like to take the opportunity to contact the professionals I have worked alongside, and some of the clients that I have worked for, please do.

References: - Professionals I have worked with

Mr Lesley Lewis – College Tutor - Dacorum College – 01442 221530

Mr Alan Groves – 38A Torrington Road, Ruislip Manor. Middx – 01895 478872 Mob 07966171778

Mr Gary Quick – 55 Cedar Drive, Hatch End, Pinner, Middx – 02085 4213391 Mob 07717000240

Mr Jimmy Wallace – Mob 07836575091

Clients who I have completed work for

Brian Sheppard – 16 Kingsfield Road Bushey – 01923 240117 Mob 07979697664

Ian Drake – 92 Park Crescent Harrow Weald – 07761192368

Mr John Dunne - 9 Lauderdale Road Abbots Langley – 01923 449719 Mob 07736411434

Mr Steve Slinn 34 Edinburgh Drive Abbots Langley -

Mr & Mrs Edwards – 01923 261246

Education & Qualifications

Divine Saviour Primary School.

St. Michael's Catholic High School.

West Herts Dacorum College

English D

Maths D

Science D

Graphics C

P.E B

National ICT C

Drama D

Level 3 Diploma in advanced plastering City & Guilds (Distinction).

how far would you be willing to travel? i know a few people round your way

my name is james chambley im 23 yrs old and im lookin for an apprentiship i have gained my level 1 and im awaitin to go back to college to get my level 2 i have my cscs card and im a first aider at work i live in leeds and im willing to travel would be greatful for any job offers or advice my number is 07720274501

Adam Renaut 23 07837546589
looking for an apprenticeship or a chance to learn. I lI've in Basildon can travel to London

Hello all my name is Ryan Dutton im a 23 year old from Birmingham looking to get into plastering. Im a decorator by trade iv done bits and pieces laboured for a plasterer before. Looking to get my NVQ, I have a car so can get round and about the Birmingham/Walsall area. my email is r_dot_d@Hotmail.com

Many Thanks.

I'm looking for a labour/ plasterer in the burntwood staffordshire area to work with me and to teach up any interest please email thanks

Hi I have just completed my first year of a two year Citb nvq level 2 plastering apprenticeship where I am learning to skim, render, floor screed and create decorative cornice. I am currently employed with a building and maintenance company that works on London Underground, but they are not giving me any site experience and I am very unhappy with constant night work which is causing problems at home! I am looking for someone willing to take me on and carry on my apprenticeship. I am 25 and live in Rayleigh Essex. I have quite a few tickets including, first aid, manual handling, working at height, asbestos awareness, pasma, and harness, trained.

Email address is: samuelmeek90@gmail.com

Many thanks.

Looking to train in the Midlands/Walsall/Great Barr/North Birmingham, iv got plenty of experience on building sites and domestic properties. Im 24 a qualified painter and decorator have my CSCS blue skilled worker card and want to branch out into plastering have done bits and pieces mainly basic just looking for an opportunity im hard working reliable and have my own transport.

Matt Petley

I'm 23

I'm looking at getting into plastering in anyway way shape are form

I'm looking at getting a provisional cscs card

Warrington based but I do have a car and can travel

Am Maxwell 26 yrs from Ghana looking to get into plastering. Am a Mason I need some one to train me to be a plaster

Name: Nic Cosby

Dob: 01/01/1997

Mobile: 07899841795

e-mail: niccosbyworks@gmail.com

Lives in: Newcastle-under-Lyme

Looking for: A company to take me on as an apprentice.

Personal statement:

I have been working as self employed for the last 3 years with a joiner for Novus and sadly this has been unsatisfactory preventing me from completing my apprenticeship in joinery. So this led me to be interested in a plastering apprenticeship as I would like to progress quickly to a trade. I understand what it takes to work in a trade as I have been on price work for the time working with my previous joiner. Additionally using computer skills via email, to do the invoicing for all work we carried out.

I have a full driving license and a green CSCS card so am good to go on site. I am easy to get on with and like to get on and get the job done. I am willing to travel and do what is necessary, get my hands dirty and complete a job.

I am aware that I am over the age threshold for free education so have put money aside to pay for the course.

Feel free to contact me for any information you may need.

Thanks,

Nic