plastering 2018

Members online

algeeman

It’s A Boy
there seems to be a pattern of domestic problems being posted on the forum lately and a lot of lads looking for new build spreads.
seems good lads are hard to get.
even @theclemo is out of bed spraying all sorts of shiit in 24 hours :numberone:
im asking for more money from now on.
hopefuly you lot will start to realise were better than we are getting paid.
2018 lets push up the prices xx

there seems to be a pattern of domestic problems being posted on the forum lately and a lot of lads looking for new build spreads.
even @theclemo is out of bed spraying all sorts of shiit in 24 hours :numberone:
I used to get over 95% of jobs quoted, but this year I'm down to about 10%, and that's with nothing more than material price increases. I can't make it out? Prices seem to be falling in Essex.

I used to get over 95% of jobs quoted, but this year I'm down to about 10%, and that's with nothing more than material price increases. I can't make it out? Prices seem to be falling in Essex.

andy it needs sorting...the "agrees" i got dont mean s**t unless we pull together.
i never miss a shift but would happily miss mondays and tuesdays to pull house builders down.
could you imagine if every spread said f**k mondays and tuesdays untill were paid right.

if i had every spreads number in the UK id text them and tell them to fuuck monday off.
and then tuesday.
untill the greedy cuunts paid whats fair
no plasterers no joiners sparks etc...no houses.

the next generation of spreads will cream it because no young lad wants to learn it, the ones that do will call the shots. All want to be sparks, plumbers and benders

Power to the plasterer andyg (as u were)

These training centers are still churning out new 'plasterers' on a weekly basis.
There are a lot of plasters about but with the newbies the quality is not there and the customer/builders are not happy with the end product . The colleges teach them how to spread plaster but they don't teach them quality and how to work .Its just a sausage factory mentality. Get them in and out and with a lot of the young people today teaching them must be like trying to teach pork.

Just my take on it all but at the start of my year was quite slow for enquiries of work but then since April everyone seemed to want stuff done in these better weather summer months , around here there is only so many good plasterers, some domestic jobs are ok to wait a while but others obviously don’t want to ,schedule of other works maybe or holiday and life plans tbh I just don’t think there isn’t enough good spreads for the demand ,
Also it’s always interested me how or why someone would make there decision on who to employ to do there work , the main reason I big up bg scheme and am member is it’s the only scheme that can guarantee the plaster used and the quality of service by domestic spread doing the work in homes obviously there’s a few dudes that think it’s crap scheme but when you truly look at it it’s the only thing out there to differentiate quality in domestic work compared to all the bidding sites and “approved “ pages springing up all over net .

What I see here is the government has pushed all the young ones to academic (education and scholarship etc) I’m 30 my generation most of us wanted the apprentiship. But now all the young ones are brain washed to go to uni an do highers an get there s**t in debt. To then spend years at uni to then struggle to get a job. All the big firms have falling in my area who took on loads of apprentices in a year so it’s left to us sole traders to take on a apprentice but most guys won’t bother as its to costly an even if you did most of the young ones aren’t interested. So there going to be a gap when all the older guys retire an the new gen take over. Good for me! I guess. plasterers are like gold dust up here who are good. Governments fault as usual. Do they forget if there’s no tradesmen nothing gets build homes etc an the population is growing but no f**k**g houses #rantoftheday:coffe:

There are loads of spreads round here young and old so it isnt dying unfortunately, that would be great for us as demand = cost.
Plastering has had its day for making money. You can still do ok off the job but the work is hard if your on site and you still dont earn what other trades earn while you have to sweat your knackers off house bashing and f**k your body up.

i look back and wish i took on a different trade. I was always told work smart not hard but that isnt how plasterers work.

Just my take on it all but at the start of my year was quite slow for enquiries of work but then since April everyone seemed to want stuff done in these better weather summer months , around here there is only so many good plasterers, some domestic jobs are ok to wait a while but others obviously don’t want to ,schedule of other works maybe or holiday and life plans tbh I just don’t think there isn’t enough good spreads for the demand ,
Also it’s always interested me how or why someone would make there decision on who to employ to do there work , the main reason I big up bg scheme and am member is it’s the only scheme that can guarantee the plaster used and the quality of service by domestic spread doing the work in homes obviously there’s a few dudes that think it’s crap scheme but when you truly look at it it’s the only thing out there to differentiate quality in domestic work compared to all the bidding sites and “approved “ pages springing up all over net .

Do you really want to go down this road again vincey ? The scheme, what the hell are bidding sites ?
You talk utter sh it at times.

f**k me lads. You depressing c**ts. Am a millionaire from plastering. U lot just doing it wrong. What u need to do is not get up for work if u don't want to. Just get other c**ts to do the work. Pay them f**k all. So more for u. It's that easy. Anyone need a job let me know. But don't ring on till after 11pm

Until the government prefer big housebuilders instead of self builds and while there are no real big plastering outfits who would employ people directly, you will never change the rates. Some say they tender on a 3% margin and possible extras, well f**k that, how can you run a business like that, doesn't matter if you turn billions or just thousands over, 3% is always 3% bigger the firm bigger the outlay for the office folk.
You can say let's unite, but then what's a good rate in Kilmarnock not necessarily a good rate in Kensington if you thinking of having a transparent and same wage throughout the country.

I’m all private work so don’t find killing my self everyday. Never pick up injury’s or the usual plastering wear an tear. So in the long hall I hope I’m good in th later stages of this game. Slow an steady wins the race :descansando: unless it’s price haha!

Do you really want to go down this road again vincey ? The scheme, what the hell are bidding sites ?
You talk utter sh it at times.
I was referring to the two posts this week with terrible finish on them especially that last one at £1160 , it’s fact mate my post man can sign up to your bidding for work sites , difference with bg is he can’t ,
He wouldn’t pass basic application or even get a visitor from an assessment, I’m talking domestic here plastering scheme here .

Tbh most members on bg I feel aren’t after jobs at all as it isn’t a bidding site which let’s be honest has killed the trade , most just are part of something that says you know what “we are the good guys” and provide a proper service
You should join mate and the other good guys on here, see for yourselfs

I was referring to the two posts this week with terrible finish on them especially that last one at £1160 , it’s fact mate my post man can sign up to your bidding for work sites , difference with bg is he can’t ,
He wouldn’t pass basic application or even get a visitor from an assessment, I’m talking domestic here plastering scheme here .

Tbh most members on bg I feel aren’t after jobs at all as it isn’t a bidding site which let’s be honest has killed the trade , most just are part of something that says you know what “we are the good guys” and provide a proper service
You should join mate and the other good guys on here, see for yourselfs

Vincey what is a bidding site ? No such thing exists you fool

And the scheme has been another bg spectacular fail

There are loads of spreads round here young and old so it isnt dying unfortunately, that would be great for us as demand = cost.
Plastering has had its day for making money. You can still do ok off the job but the work is hard if your on site and you still dont earn what other trades earn while you have to sweat your knackers off house bashing and f**k your body up.

i look back and wish i took on a different trade. I was always told work smart not hard but that isnt how plasterers work.
I do house bashing I'm 51 and its f**k**g easy

f**k me lads. You depressing c**ts. Am a millionaire from plastering. U lot just doing it wrong. What u need to do is not get up for work if u don't want to. Just get other c**ts to do the work. Pay them f**k all. So more for u. It's that easy. Anyone need a job let me know. But don't ring on till after 11pm
Many a true word said in jest.

About a month ago, I said to my mate I wish we had a decent rendering job to do instead of boring sweaty skimming. Literally the following day we got a phone call for thin coat render. So now doing that along with installing the gebrick panels. Life is good and my arm doesn’t ache.
Get on external works if you’ve had enough of skimming.

Bang on that

I'm not getting that round here not being a big bollox just being honest...I keep pushing the price and have moved it steadily up since I started. Started at £125 a day 3 years ago and now at £300 and still get nearly every quote with everyone saying every other spread don't turn up for quote. I use the "bidding sites" and still fet 3-4 out of 5 but also now split jobs with a builder doing loft, garage conversions, wall removals etc. I bet people will say I'm bigging it up but it's truth

Well where I’m from there’s not many plasterers out there compared to other trades.. esp joiners/plumbers/sparkles there’s a s**t load of them three. So demand is on our side up here, no big firms around that are putting apprentices through ether. I can’t quote site work but private work is good, guys charging anywhere £200to£300 an for what I do a day, can put on 3/4 bags an be home before 4 an made £200, easy grand a week if the works there. I decide what I’m worth not anyone else. Plastering is a hard graft but breaking your back in is a thing of the past I think, don’t get me wrong yeah some houses( stairwells etc can be a c**t but the usual rooms is easy enough.) like I said clearly it’s got to do with where your working an what your doing.. but people around here know plasterers don’t come cheap, the decent ones anyway. So I feel I’m making decent money N not killing myself for it. Do I think I’m going to me a millionaire, will see ha!

Problem with BG scheme is no one's heard of it apart from us, it's not advertised and don't come up on Google if I said to 9 out of 10 I work for do they know who British gypsum are they'd say no, they wouldn't even know they make the plaster. Its a nice idea but needs more coverage

I moved to the back of beyond, assuming theyd be no work, i could take it easy. Complete opposite, no plasterers, plenty work, resonable money.