Plasterers apprentice/improved Kent

MattP1987

Hello all
I decided a career change from teaching to plastering 1 and a half year ago.
I did a city and guilds plastering course and have invested in a decent set of tools, trowels and a mixer.
I have laboured for a local plaster for 6 months every weekend and some evenings free of charge but unfortunately that came to a end.
I have done general labouring along side this as well as my own small plastering jobs.

Problem is I lack confidence and coming across problems like distemper and unsound artex on a few of my first jobs really taught me there's more to plastering than just chucking multi up the wall.

If there's anyone in Kent looking for a hard working individual, who wants to Learn than please contact me.
Thanks
Matt

When I first started. I went back to the very first page on the general plastering discussion part of the forum and read ever single thread....you'd be amazed at how many different situations that gave an insight into and has helped me a lot when ive come across certain awkward things that without that reading I probably would never have even heard of

When I first started. I went back to the very first page on the general plastering discussion part of the forum and read ever single thread....you'd be amazed at how many different situations that gave an insight into and has helped me a lot when ive come across certain awkward things that without that reading I probably would never have even heard of
Thanks Lodan
Yeah totally agree. There is some really handy/useful/informative information on this forum. Very pleased i joined

Thanks Lodan
Yeah totally agree. There is some really handy/useful/informative information on this forum. Very pleased i joined
No problem mate and good luck....my wife is a teacher so understand it not as good as people think it is....for artex if your unsure if its bonded well then quote board and skim, if they say no then fine move on

No problem mate and good luck....my wife is a teacher so understand it not as good as people think it is....for artex if your unsure if its bonded well then quote board and skim, if they say no then fine move on
Yup better off turning a job down then having to go back to scrap it off the floor or getting a bad reputation.
Thanks

Hello all
I decided a career change from teaching to plastering 1 and a half year ago.
I did a city and guilds plastering course and have invested in a decent set of tools, trowels and a mixer.
I have laboured for a local plaster for 6 months every weekend and some evenings free of charge but unfortunately that came to a end.
I have done general labouring along side this as well as my own small plastering jobs.

Problem is I lack confidence and coming across problems like distemper and unsound artex on a few of my first jobs really taught me there's more to plastering than just chucking multi up the wall.

If there's anyone in Kent looking for a hard working individual, who wants to Learn than please contact me.
Thanks
Matt

Forgot to mention I have a CSCS card and a SSSTS qualification to.
I am willing to travel I just want to find a honest spread who is happy to pass his knowledge in return they will get a honest and reliable worker who won't run off to chase money.

Thanks
Matt

Forgot to mention I have a CSCS card and a SSSTS qualification to.
I am willing to travel I just want to find a honest spread who is happy to pass his knowledge in return they will get a honest and reliable worker who won't run off to chase money.

Thanks
Matt

you seem keen and have a good attitude :D

you seem keen and have a good attitude :D

I am very keen. I know pay won't be good and have accepted that But believe learning from the right person is more important. I don't want to be a cowboy. Worked with one before don't intend doing it again!

I am very keen. I know pay won't be good and have accepted that But believe learning from the right person is more important. I don't want to be a cowboy. Worked with one before don't intend doing it again!

good luck... I am sure if you stick around here long enough you will catch a break

Where in Kent are you Matt I have quite a few bits and pieces on at the moment. Give me a ring
If your interested. I don't expect anyone to work for nothing we all have bills to pay.
Steve 07852191811

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in Kent are you Matt I have quite a few bits and pieces on at the moment. Give me a ring
If your interested. I don't expect anyone to work for nothing we all have bills to pay.
Steve

Thanks steve nice one!
Will give you a text tonight and a ring tomorrow! :)

Apart from reading threads on here you will learn by your mistakes.

I got 6 months actual learning in my 4 year apprenticeship. I ended up teaching myself by trial and error.

You will learn as you go like for example skimming over artex in summer and the same in winter (unoccupied house no heat) will be completely different.

The winter one will appear to not want to set then it will flash set.