Plasterer 'hanged himself live in chatroom' on Christmas morning

Members online

Not nice now, for anyone involved, himself obviously, his family, and whoever witnessed him do it online. Not good for anyone. Mate done it 5year ago, sad to think someonez demons could drove them. To that, he had a bird, his daughter was about 1.5, and they had just got keys to new house and done it up, then he went back to old house n hung himself from attic. Not nice thing to happen. Another mate went looking for him and found him, I'm sure that was grim too.

Completely horrific for the family. Modern life seems to create pressures that make people do the unthinkable. Keep an eye out on your closest everyone.

Awful. My aunt did this. She was a lovely lady but wrestled depression. I'd like to think at least she isn't suffering anymore. I don't blame these people you're not in any right state of mind. Terrible though for the people who witnessed it in this case

It will be 14 years on New Year’s Day since I found one of my good life long friends. Knew I was going to walk in and find him but nothing could of prepared me for what I found. Mental health issues take no prisoners more needs to be done to help people that have it. Anyone can have or get it. When that switch is flicked it’s very hard switch it back. Most see killing themself the only way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depression is a dark place... I dropped into it after dengue and it was terrible and very overpowering.... bikes and Jane got me through and I am all good now :)

He must of been in a bad place to take.it to the next level. What a mess to clear up for his loved ones

Depression is a dark place... I dropped into it after dengue and it was terrible and very overpowering.... bikes and Jane got me through and I am all good now :)

He must of been in a bad place to take.it to the next level. What a mess to clear up for his loved ones
It’s your second paragraph that makes me think it’s a selfish act

It’s your second paragraph that makes me think it’s a selfish act

It’s a very selfish act, but if you’ve not been there you’ll never know. It’s selfish from the outside looking in but from inside looking out you’ll never feel so alone so why would you care who you hurt.

It’s a very selfish act, but if you’ve not been there you’ll never know. It’s selfish from the outside looking in but from inside looking out you’ll never feel so alone so why would you care who you hurt.

I understand what you are saying but can’t empathise as I haven’t been there

I think you have to be in a dark place to even contemplate it,
so when it comes to it , these people aren't thinking about the aftermath. Brother in law is a train driver, he has been spared it up
till now but some of his colleagues have had the misfortune to see the outcome on more than one occasion

I be honest a while back I slipped into it it was a bad place if I’m honest and at first I was like I’m just down and it’s just life and I was first bloke to say when people said they had it they was no more than down and should man up and because I’m a mans man i shouldn’t of felt way I did I can honestly say it’s a proper bad place to be self doubt feeling worthless everything is a battle feel in a dark place and here this s**t in your head putting you down and as never experienced it before sort of felt what the f**k is going on but it’s ok not to be ok one of my battles was I’m a 5ft 11 16 stone bloke who has led a charmed life and come across as I don’t give a fu ck yet it picked me to affect

One of best things for me was my little maisey who is almost 3 it was like she sensed I was in a bad place and wouldn’t leave my side and would say don’t be sad daddy n never left my side and kept giving me cuddles ect proper heart felt stuff at that time that a kid that age was picking up on me being in a bad place

I think you have to be in a dark place to even contemplate it,
so when it comes to it , these people aren't thinking about the aftermath. Brother in law is a train driver, he has been spared it up
till now but some of his colleagues have had the misfortune to see the outcome on more than one occasion

It’s usually relationship breakdown or financial issues, sad really short term problems with long term repercussions for those that are left. Ex sqauddies suffer bad to, ill prepared at a young age straight to war, army brothers blown and shot to pieces before their eyes.

Yup very dark...

I get peaks and troughs and to be honest I know how to deal with it now. I go to my garage and potter about making something or I will go and scare myself on the bike...

I think most men get depression I have a mate battling it at the moment but I call him most days and I pop in when I am passing etc he will be fine in time but others bottle it up and put a front on and hide it a way and then when they kill themselves the loved ones had no idea the demons they were battling

Yep had it myself when I split up with my ex and she took my daughter to England. Was just going into that last recession as well so the money matters didn’t help things, mortgage company on the phone wanting to repossess the house and other debt companies phoning constantly all day. Wasn’t an easy time in my life at all. I now know the signs if I feel it coming back and as Danny says you can find your own ways off getting out it. Reading books like the chimp paradox helps you understand more about it and cutting back alcohol and doing more exercise all help.

Its a vile vile thing depression.
I don't believe suicide is a selfish thing either. In the mind of the person involved there is simply no other option.

It's like the weather ,dark clouds ,gloominess ,like fog also ,vision is very low , Xmas time when the expectations are high all around except for you,like secret alcoholism ,secret depression is very common, lots of triggers , one bad experience in your life can leave a huge dent , I never liked the phrase ,"what doesn't kill you ,makes you stronger ," sometimes chunks are knocked from you and are only patched up, but what's definitely true is when you're gone it doesn't get better ,you never see a glorious day again, you never share in someone's happiness,you never hear the contagious laughter of a child , a decision made in a moment can wreck all around you ,family suffer terribly ,from guilt ,we are all too busy to see what's going on with someone else ,enjoy life as best you can ,some other people can't due to health issues whether physical or psychological.
Sometimes it's just a matter of a shower ,head to the pub,have pint and a chat , be as much a part of the world as you can ,

I be honest a while back I slipped into it it was a bad place if I’m honest and at first I was like I’m just down and it’s just life and I was first bloke to say when people said they had it they was no more than down and should man up and because I’m a mans man i shouldn’t of felt way I did I can honestly say it’s a proper bad place to be self doubt feeling worthless everything is a battle feel in a dark place and here this s**t in your head putting you down and as never experienced it before sort of felt what the f**k is going on but it’s ok not to be ok one of my battles was I’m a 5ft 11 16 stone bloke who has led a charmed life and come across as I don’t give a fu ck yet it picked me to affect

One of best things for me was my little maisey who is almost 3 it was like she sensed I was in a bad place and wouldn’t leave my side and would say don’t be sad daddy n never left my side and kept giving me cuddles ect proper heart felt stuff at that time that a kid that age was picking up on me being in a bad place
Parklife!!

Seems like it's way more men than women. I think blokes put too much pressure on themselves to be a certain person, to earn money, to be the f**k**g man, to present to the world. And then they don't talk very much because it's not manly to talk about feelings etc which isn't true. So they're left alone with their troubles.

I speak from personal experience of both depression and suicide (not mine for obvious reasons o_O ) when I say that suicide is a selfish act, but it's the mental illness that is depression which leads that person to act in a selfish way. It's frequently completely out of character, but then that's another effect of depression, changing the person's 'normal' character. The difference between men and women isn't the likelihood of falling into depression, it's the likelihood of getting help.

im no doctor.....but to film it is an act of punishing someone else.
more or a physo problem.
not depression.

im no doctor.....but to film it is an act of punishing someone else.
more or a physo problem.
not depression.
It was probably a cry for help and it’s gone to far, the website he was on was a site where they encourage each other to slag each other off bit like being on site or on here at times as I’ve got older I’ve learnt to be more witty and quick with comebacks and if you can take piss out yourself it sort of throws some people off unless it gets really personal I can cope with it some can’t

very upsetting this.

plasterer I laboured on when i was 15/16 hung himself last month.

he was 60 odd fit as a fiddle, grandkids lovley wife etc. just retired 6 months before hand.

genuinely the nicest bloke you'll ever meet.

Who knows what goes on in people's heads.

It is tough but in the end you need to talk about stuff with someone or at least try to if not see a doctor and talk to them.

I don't recommend any drugs for it though... I took myself off all the shite the docs gave me and that helped no end

Who knows what goes on in people's heads.

It is tough but in the end you need to talk about stuff with someone or at least try to if not see a doctor and talk to them.

I don't recommend any drugs for it though... I took myself off all the shite the docs gave me and that helped no end
Just got my prescription to go back on em...:(
Trying not to tho, but if it gets too bad I don't care. Any help will do when you're down there.

Just got my prescription to go back on em...:(
Trying not to tho, but if it gets too bad I don't care. Any help will do when you're down there.

its shite that sertraline stuff... I use to go karting every week... when I was on sertaline I was 5 secs a lap slower than the leader... came off them and I was always top 3... that stuff is the devil

I think diet and exercise play a big part in most health issues mental or physical but I've never suffered depression. I've had prolonged-ish periods of being a bit low but my demon is anxiety. It comes and goes. Haven't seen it in a while but went she pitches up I hate it, not sleeping not knowing what the problem is to make it go away and then it's gone again

I think diet and exercise play a big part in most health issues mental or physical but I've never suffered depression. I've had prolonged-ish periods of being a bit low but my demon is anxiety. It comes and goes. Haven't seen it in a while but went she pitches up I hate it, not sleeping not knowing what the problem is to make it go away and then it's gone again
I think the environment and who one is around has to have an influence on their health be it mental or physical.People who have no one they can turn to will be vulnerable.

Anxiety (which can often lead to depression) is very common with the self-employed, but it's very very rarely spoken about. The very obvious difference for self-employed people is that you have absolutely no certainty when or if the next payment is coming. Personally I've found that even if you're not consciously thinking about it your 4rse is clanging sometimes. It shouldn't because it always does come, but I think it's that constant pressure of it all being on just you. There's no sales manager, no personnel dept, no foreman, no admin staff, no accounts dept, just you. Sometimes it just creeps up and it doesn't seem to matter if you have a full book for the next year or nothing beyond the next month.

Other times, and again it doesn't matter if you have a year's work or a couple of weeks, you're whistling away without a care in the world.

Just human nature I guess, but some people are more susceptible to the dark thoughts than others.

Anxiety (which can often lead to depression) is very common with the self-employed, but it's very very rarely spoken about. The very obvious difference for self-employed people is that you have absolutely no certainty when or if the next payment is coming. Personally I've found that even if you're not consciously thinking about it your 4rse is clanging sometimes. It shouldn't because it always does come, but I think it's that constant pressure of it all being on just you. There's no sales manager, no personnel dept, no foreman, no admin staff, no accounts dept, just you. Sometimes it just creeps up and it doesn't seem to matter if you have a full book for the next year or nothing beyond the next month.

Other times, and again it doesn't matter if you have a year's work or a couple of weeks, you're whistling away without a care in the world.

Just human nature I guess, but some people are more susceptible to the dark thoughts than others.
Not quite had it as always worked self employed to someone, although one boy I was with I got v lol days in heart of recession, wages were terrible, I mean, less. Than what most of yous would pay labourers, and stress was higher then, and of course when told that could be a chance of running out a work too always had u on edge. I have done a few wee jobs of my own, but I found it hard to switch off, constantly trying to plan in my head what the best way of going about the job the next day would be to leave it as handy as possible for the next day, so don't know how I'd be if I had that every day. Lol I've said a. Few. Times, I think I'd go down the takin it as a sub on price of larger firm as long as the rate was worth it, least wouldn't have hassle of pricing up etc and work would be there just matter of turning up Doing it N getting paid, but as it is I'm happy nuff for the mean time,hassle free. L

Not quite had it as always worked self employed to someone, although one boy I was with I got v lol days in heart of recession, wages were terrible, I mean, less. Than what most of yous would pay labourers, and stress was higher then, and of course when told that could be a chance of running out a work too always had u on edge. I have done a few wee jobs of my own, but I found it hard to switch off, constantly trying to plan in my head what the best way of going about the job the next day would be to leave it as handy as possible for the next day, so don't know how I'd be if I had that every day. Lol I've said a. Few. Times, I think I'd go down the takin it as a sub on price of larger firm as long as the rate was worth it, least wouldn't have hassle of pricing up etc and work would be there just matter of turning up Doing it N getting paid, but as it is I'm happy nuff for the mean time,hassle free. L
Hope u have good 2018 Simon,if you’re ever down around Kildare give me a shout.