Plasterer 'hanged himself live in chatroom' on Christmas morning

Members online

Anxiety (which can often lead to depression) is very common with the self-employed, but it's very very rarely spoken about. The very obvious difference for self-employed people is that you have absolutely no certainty when or if the next payment is coming. Personally I've found that even if you're not consciously thinking about it your 4rse is clanging sometimes. It shouldn't because it always does come, but I think it's that constant pressure of it all being on just you. There's no sales manager, no personnel dept, no foreman, no admin staff, no accounts dept, just you. Sometimes it just creeps up and it doesn't seem to matter if you have a full book for the next year or nothing beyond the next month.

Other times, and again it doesn't matter if you have a year's work or a couple of weeks, you're whistling away without a care in the world.

Just human nature I guess, but some people are more susceptible to the dark thoughts than others.
My own father was a plasterer for 44 years a hardy f**k*r I don’t look a bit like him physically but I can see him in my son which to be honest is the only thing that keeps me going.He always stressed out over money and all of us.I’ve two brothers and three sisters never hungry and a good upbringing.it’s only when one gets a bit older you see it.

Not quite had it as always worked self employed to someone, although one boy I was with I got v lol days in heart of recession, wages were terrible, I mean, less. Than what most of yous would pay labourers, and stress was higher then, and of course when told that could be a chance of running out a work too always had u on edge. I have done a few wee jobs of my own, but I found it hard to switch off, constantly trying to plan in my head what the best way of going about the job the next day would be to leave it as handy as possible for the next day, so don't know how I'd be if I had that every day. Lol I've said a. Few. Times, I think I'd go down the takin it as a sub on price of larger firm as long as the rate was worth it, least wouldn't have hassle of pricing up etc and work would be there just matter of turning up Doing it N getting paid, but as it is I'm happy nuff for the mean time,hassle free. L

i was 21 when parents died in luton.
2 brothers to look after
26 i had over £1000 in cash to pay every week to keep hotel bills for us in birmingham and 3 other lads.
a rental van and food.

before this i was 60k in debt.

i did what i could to get my brothers out of luton....all at an early age.
before the town and past destroyed them.

the boys have moved on families good jobs...so have I.

ive never been depressed or looked for self pity.
ive got 3 wonderfull girls and a stubborn god bless her woman xx

this world has gone soft.

2 brothers to look after
26 i had over £1000 in cash to pay every week to keep hotel bills for us in birmingham and 3 other lads.
a rental van and food.

Fair play your a man who gets on with it,hope u have a good 2018.

2 brothers to look after
a rental van and food.

Fair play to you lad

My own father was a plasterer for 44 years a hardy f**k*r I don’t look a bit like him physically but I can see him in my son which to be honest is the only thing that keeps me going.He always stressed out over money and all of us.I’ve two brothers and three sisters never hungry and a good upbringing.it’s only when one gets a bit older you see it.
My auld boy was a self employed photographer,or better paid than what I am lol but , he made a great career for himself. He put the hours in though, especially back in the dark room days, and deserves everything he worked for. They wanted me to go the uni route, which I tried, I got average grades to get. Me in but dropped out, end of the day wasn't for me. I'd have left at 16 if they let me but they wouldn't. Initially they don't think I'd last at this as "I wasn't cut out for manual work" apparently but tbh, i like this s**t. I genuinely like the job satisfaction of a job done well, and I can't see how I'd get that feeling in a desk job etc, obviously this has its bad points too at times, but I do like what I do. And eventually they have realised that the academic way just isn't for me. Lol

Do you know what triggers it mate?
Anything can trigger it, but the reasons for it go much deeper than just having a hard time trying to look after the family as a lot are saying.

I think we can all say life is pretty tough sometimes.

Real depression often stems from your programming as a child...stuff you couldn't resolve then because you were not mentally or physically developed enough to do so.
It stays programmed in you. Your whole life decisions then stem from that perspective. Very very deep sh1t.

Just reading all this. It's given me a good idea. Going to start selling ropes. Theclemrope.

Last edited:
Just reading all this. It's given me a good idea. Going to start selling ropes. Theclemrope.

il have one please.....
kids put this on kitchen door.
scumbags.

Attachments

• 20171230_185745.jpg
    20171230_185745.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 186
Few of my old mates did it. My mates da did it, my old mate did it then his ma did it. i knowa bird we used to party with who did it then her twin sister did it. I know an old mate who did it then his brother did it few weeks late. My mas second cousins 3 sons all did it. I actually stopped counting at 22 people i knew from school that did it but in the area i grew up, there was an epidemic of it. Also an old mate who did it and at his funeral, the chruch was getting outside pointed up and roof fixed so there was scaffolding up, one of his mates climbed up and hung himself from the scaffolding. His brother did it year later . Fs i could go on and on with the amount of people i know. I suffer from it, probably a manic depressive because i can be up high as a kite and then low as one can be. I also suffer from psychotic thoughts. Ive a nice business, a spectacular house in the country. 4 beautiful kids and have always been a success but the aul mind can sure play tricks on ya i tell ya. I just live with it and deal with it best i can. Im afraid to go to a psychiatrist incase they end up needing one after meeting with me lol. All jokes aside thou, been to one before and all the c**ts do is fill ya full of meds and talk shite trying to make you an ideal citizen in this capitalist world.

As for those mentioned anixety, f**k me i suffered from this really bad for years. A b*****d of the highest order it was, the sweating, the thoughts and just wanting to get the f**k out of every situation and back to the house quickly as possible. Not wanting to deal with anyone ever. Ive managed to find something that massively helped me after taking all that shite the doctors gave me which didnt help. Training, juicing orgonic veggies, also a drink consisting of lepicol, garlic and turimic along with some dr udos probiotics changed my life. Whenever im flat out on these, i can deal with anything and my mind is so clear. I do slip of the wagon thou and revert back to eating shite again and i can notice my mental health changing with it. Even my shites change to an aul sticky gluely consistancy when my diet changes.

As for those mentioned anixety, f**k me i suffered from this really bad for years. A b*****d of the highest order it was, the sweating, the thoughts and just wanting to get the f**k out of every situation and back to the house quickly as possible. Not wanting to deal with anyone ever. Ive managed to find something that massively helped me after taking all that shite the doctors gave me which didnt help. Training, juicing orgonic veggies, also a drink consisting of lepicol, garlic and turimic along with some dr udos probiotics changed my life. Whenever im flat out on these, i can deal with anything and my mind is so clear. I do slip of the wagon thou and revert back to eating shite again and i can notice my mental health changing with it. Even my shites change to an aul sticky gluely consistancy when my diet changes.

I like rescue remedy for anxiety. That sorted me right out also just doing whatever worried me.

Cutting out caffeine was also a massive thing

Few of my old mates did it. My mates da did it, my old mate did it then his ma did it. i knowa bird we used to party with who did it then her twin sister did it. I know an old mate who did it then his brother did it few weeks late. My mas second cousins 3 sons all did it. I actually stopped counting at 22 people i knew from school that did it but in the area i grew up, there was an epidemic of it. Also an old mate who did it and at his funeral, the chruch was getting outside pointed up and roof fixed so there was scaffolding up, one of his mates climbed up and hung himself from the scaffolding. His brother did it year later . Fs i could go on and on with the amount of people i know. I suffer from it, probably a manic depressive because i can be up high as a kite and then low as one can be. I also suffer from psychotic thoughts. Ive a nice business, a spectacular house in the country. 4 beautiful kids and have always been a success but the aul mind can sure play tricks on ya i tell ya. I just live with it and deal with it best i can. Im afraid to go to a psychiatrist incase they end up needing one after meeting with me lol. All jokes aside thou, been to one before and all the c**ts do is fill ya full of meds and talk shite trying to make you an ideal citizen in this capitalist world.
Unfortunately there has been a serious increase in the amounts of suicide cases in our part of the country over the last twenty years or so.
Fortunately though depression is no longer a (dirty word) and there is far more understanding and people are far more educated towards it.
The singer Bressie coming out publicly and talking about his suffering has been a major boost towards people understanding this illness.