Plasterboard Install, Taping and Jointing Required B77

Members online

MattyKHZ

Hi all,

I have a lounge that is 3.6m wide and 4.6m long.

Wanting to pull down the existing plasterboard, fit Rockwool RW3 between studs and joists and board with Siniat Megadeco board with taping and jointing.

I believe this will require 24 boards in total.

Ceiling will be housing 4 speakers and rear wall 2 speakers so I will need to run the cables for this and also have speaker holes cut out. Rear wall studs may have to be modified to suit speaker placement.

I was thinking of using the reductoclip system to suspend the ceiling from the joists.

With rear wall exposed if soil pipe is accessible I would like to replace with an acoustic soil pipe to minimise noise. That or wrap. Hoping waste pipes can be tackled from above when I replace bathrooms which is next on list.

If there is anyone around here who can do any of this work please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Matt

Forgot to say I can order in the board from insulation express with free delivery. They seem to be cheapest place for board. Rockwool is either from them or from building materials who are slightly cheaper, especially for 100mm size.

Hi all,

Wanting to pull down the existing plasterboard, fit Rockwool RW3 between studs and joists and board with Siniat Megadeco board with taping and jointing.

Ceiling will be housing 4 speakers and rear wall 2 speakers so I will need to run the cables for this and also have speaker holes cut out. Rear wall studs may have to be modified to suit speaker placement.

I was thinking of using the reductoclip system to suspend the ceiling from the joists.

With rear wall exposed if soil pipe is accessible I would like to replace with an acoustic soil pipe to minimise noise. That or wrap. Hoping waste pipes can be tackled from above when I replace bathrooms which is next on list.

Kind regards,

Matt
What brand beans do you buy?

Hi all,

Kind regards,

Matt

why are you fitting speakers into a PB baffle, or am I missing something?

why are you fitting speakers into a PB baffle, or am I missing something?
Room is also used for Home Cinema.

Front set up is as below

55A3B319-89C5-4BAF-8CD0-745EFCF9EC07.jpeg

Old 42 inch Plasma is from 2008. Recently changed to a 50 inch LED as smaller bezel means similar dimensions. Cannot fit any bigger so chimneybreast made from promotec will need to be redone so I can change current speakers and cables and have room for a 55 inch OLED should I wish in future.

rear speakers are on stands so want to free up space by wall mounting custom install speakers and do same with ceiling speakers for Atmos.

That would look great in polished concrete or Venetian.

Funny you should say that. Installer for new one does same but with Dekton which i had not heard of until now (from same company as silestone) or similar product from Grespania called Coverlam.

I apply both Venetian and microcement and I'm based in worcestershire should you be interested.

Just been on checkatrade to find someone to do this. First reply back telling me full plaster will be better finish and cheaper than taping and jointing.

If that is the case may as well go for soundbloc f board which was the other most dense board I was looking at.

Anywhere else to try as no key on here? Fed up with my builder and other similar websites where your details are basically sold on to anyone.
Recommendations and the Local directories. Local trades very rarely s**t on their own doorsteps.