Plaster over metal sheathing....Please HELP!!

PLATOON123

Hi all...

Wanted some help and advice. The builder has recently plastered (bonding coat + multifinish) the new extension and since then it has dried somewhat. But what I've noticed is the plaster is showing where the metal sheathing has been put in by the sparky. Why is this? And what can be done to remedy this? or is this normal?
The plaster is still smooth to touch just like the rest of the wall
I have attached a few pics so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20201010_181527.jpg
    20201010_181527.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 340
  • 20201010_181519.jpg
    20201010_181519.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 331
Looks like its still drying out, did your extension have a cavity wall and insulation before as one of the walls he's bonded is an external wall,

Thanks for the reply....Both walls are cavity filled with insulation and he bonded and skimmed the whole wall
Ok well looks like its still drying out should be ok i just dont understand why your builder has float and set with bonding coat on your walls,would of been easier to just dot and dab it

Hi all...

Wanted some help and advice. The builder has recently plastered (bonding coat + multifinish) the new extension and since then it has dried somewhat. But what I've noticed is the plaster is showing where the metal sheathing has been put in by the sparky. Why is this? And what can be done to remedy this? or is this normal?

Thanks
Looks a dog rough job in general. When will builders learn they can't plaster

Hi all...

Thanks
that looks horrendous, would love to see that once that’s dried out

Hi all...

Thanks
You don’t live in Scotland by any chance?

Last edited:
Hi all...

Thanks
#caspered.

Hi all...

Thanks
Looks as though the builder has had a shot at that and made a right balls of it.

It's so bad I'm struggling to see if the chases and conduit went in before or after it was skimmed

Unfortunately, you've been caspered. Your luck is in though because it's been caught before anything else is done.

Insist that it's reskimmed by a professional plasterer.