Plaster Disaster

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the blue grit for £16.22 for 5 litres. Significantly cheaper than the Plasprime but is it a better product? Is it worth just biting the bullet and paying the £55 for the plasprime and ensuring it stays up?

There pretty much all the same wba is the same as the knauf version betacontact and bg's thistle bond-it is just a green version the only one i have used that wasnt any good was by a company called bond-it and they have made one which is yellow and is pretty much yellow pva with sand in so avoid that one but yeah just apply it a day prior to skimming and away you go no need to pva.

I got a tub of that s**t bod ... fu cking rubbish

Just seen the blue grit for £16.22 for 5 litres. Significantly cheaper than the Plasprime but is it a better product? Is it worth just biting the bullet and paying the £55 for the plasprime and ensuring it stays up?

never had any probs with it, apply it day before, go over it next day.

we use to get mugged off paying top dollar for bond it then an annoyng rep at rand j gave me a call and said try it, glad i did to be fair.havnt used any in yonks as i dont do insides anymore but i dont think they would have changed it.

Right, thanks Owls.Will this be the best to use on ceilings? It's quite a large area. I'll see if I can load a pic toshow you what I'm working with

Ceiling.jpg

ive just picked up on this thread, and to be honest cant be arsed to look through the pages.

but the general rule of thumb your only as good as your substrate, if its dodgy id be tempted to over board, if its sound, scrap any loose paint etc off coat it up leave over night, run some scrim over any cracks or movement, plasteraway.

the reason i like plasprime over all the others is because the aggregate dont sink so you dont get a build up of aggregate at bottom of bucket you get a lovely even coat.

all the others bar the yellow one apparently will do the same job but keep stirring

hi ive just had my house reskimmed and some areas are rough to touch will it paint ok or should i tell the plasterer it needs redoing ?

Hi Bob,

Yes that is what I meant , I see there may be a crucial word missing from the post . From my experience if I come across any old ceilings looking as unstatble as that does. My reconmendations would be with out a doubt to over board.

Thanks Mark.Fears confirmed!!
Hi Bob,Yes that is what I meant , I see there may be a crucial word missing from the post . From my experience if I come across any old ceilings looking as unstatble as that does. My reconmendations would be with out a doubt to over board.

over boarding was mentioned early on in this thread its a no brainer but ( and this is not directed at the op ) but people dont want to pay for a proper job they shop by price its crazy.

hi ive just had my house reskimmed and some areas are rough to touch will it paint ok or should i tell the plasterer it needs redoing ?

depends what you mean rough.if you mean a little furry like a peach skin then all that has happened is no final trowel .a quck sand with 120 grit paper would sort that.if you mean much rougher than that you ll have to tell the plasterer your not happy before you paint let him sort it then paint and see whats what.

good luck keep us posted

never had any probs with it, apply it day before, go over it next day.

we use to get mugged off paying top dollar for bond it then an annoyng rep at rand j gave me a call and said try it, glad i did to be fair.havnt used any in yonks as i dont do insides anymore but i dont think they would have changed it.

I was gonna order some of the blue stuff tomoz is it called pre bond or something pre? Its cheaper than the bondit so might give it a go i know you just said its sound but say it again so i feel a bit better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.