Photo competition

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a job Monday skimming a indoor pool area dan
The builder and myself have reservations about it although the client is adamant moisture boards and gypsum is ok!!
What's your thoughts?
i was told by everyone i spoke to not to use gypsum.

pool installers said they use green boards and tape joint as a minimum. i wouldnt skim really

i was told by everyone i spoke to not to use gypsum.

pool installers said they use green boards and tape joint as a minimum. i wouldnt skim really

That's what I told a builder when pricing up a pool up in the moors, against my advice he went with float and skim on walls using sand & cement, when I asked why this method he replied "the pools only going to be used by horses " [emoji15]

Ive got a swimming pool to do and as its all being tiled so they going with green boards and tiling straight on it only the ceiling being skimmed

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Friday's little job, leak in the bath room, the lath ceiling had already been boarded over at some point, managed to save the coving, reboarded and patched in.

Weve been building the built in wardrobes in my bedroom today. Will finish them tomorrow. Childminder was ill so mrs was at home and treated me and dave to breakfast baguettes. Greggs and donuts for dinner and i had a chippy tea. Will put up the pics tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Sacked the new year diet then ste?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Oh i see :D @Runswithscissors @knauf come on there is a nice case study here I think :D
had the spec from knaufs dave hutchinson.

mf is anti corrosion
vapour barrier
interior aquapanel with stainless screws
knauf.joint filler and tape
then knauf aquapanel skimcoat.

i used the mf with moisture board and normal tape joint as the costs were dramatic.

over 240m 8k difference between the using green boards and joint to knauf.

client didnt wanna pay it

Swimming pools, especially chlorinated pools, really have medium and long term issues if you use standard drywall metal, boards and skim.......

Ceilings
Make sure you use specially coated ceiling grid systems, to protect from corroding and failing later (don't want the ceiling falling into the pool, especially if someone is in it).
Most Gypsum based boards, will absorbed moisture and get soft and heavy as a result. Get a spec for the right application if you are going down this route.
Gypsum skim, especially a think coat, will soften and then gravity may cause shelling.... Knauf Ready Mix Plasters are marble based, so more suitable. Knauf Aquapanel Interior Skim even better in this application.

Knauf can offer a complete swimming pool ceiling solution, as Dan has pointed out above.

We now also have a NEW Knauf Aquapanel Skylite cement board for these ceilings. Thinner than normal Knauf Aquapanel Interior at only 9mm, and only 900x1200mm for 1 man lift.
The Knauf Aquapanel Interior Skim is a special ready mix plaster with anti fungicidal additive.
Yes, not a cheap solution, but THE CORRECT SOLUTION for the application.

Walling
Coated studs and then Knauf Aquapanel Interior. This can be tiled or finished using the same skim. If within 2 mtrs of pool, rile up to 1800mm high.

Contact Knauf for a spec or assistance, or drop me mail

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

Oh i see :D @Runswithscissors @knauf come on there is a nice case study here I think :D

If he had built it as our spec..... then yes.

Clients choice to change to Gypsum and t&j

Have many pools spec'd...... sure we will have PR and case studies soon

Have this spec used on the pool ceiling 52 stories up in The Shard, think Curry skimmed it. Just getting client permission for case studies slows or stops things....

Last edited:
Swimming pools, especially chlorinated pools, really have medium and long term issues if you use standard drywall metal, boards and skim.......

Ceilings
Make sure you use specially coated ceiling grid systems, to protect from corroding and failing later (don't want the ceiling falling into the pool, especially if someone is in it).
Most Gypsum based boards, will absorbed moisture and get soft and heavy as a result. Get a spec for the right application if you are going down this route.
Gypsum skim, especially a think coat, will soften and then gravity may cause shelling.... Knauf Ready Mix Plasters are marble based, so more suitable. Knauf Aquapanel Interior Skim even better in this application.

Knauf can offer a complete swimming pool ceiling solution, as Dan has pointed out above.

We now also have a NEW Knauf Aquapanel Skylite cement board for these ceilings. Thinner than normal Knauf Aquapanel Interior at only 9mm, and only 900x1200mm for 1 man lift.
The Knauf Aquapanel Interior Skim is a special ready mix plaster with anti fungicidal additive.
Yes, not a cheap solution, but THE CORRECT SOLUTION for the application.

Walling
Coated studs and then Knauf Aquapanel Interior. This can be tiled or finished using the same skim. If within 2 mtrs of pool, rile up to 1800mm high.

Contact Knauf for a spec or assistance, or drop me mail

Richard Lord
Knauf
Rlord@knauf.co.uk

BTW

Has anyone seen or used the NEW Aquapanel Interior Cement Board yet?

Definately in Wickes, rolling out elsewhere as stocks run out.....

Same 12.5mm board, now 25% lighter at 11 kg/m2
Easier than the old heavier board to score and snap. Full board can curve down to 1 mtr rad.
Also now available in 2400x1200mm boards! (As well as the 1200x900 and 2400x900mm boards)

Let us know what you think.

REMEMBER - FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY!
Not tested or suitable for external use due to external conditions.

Last edited:
BTW

Has anyone seen or used the NEW Aquapanel Interior Cement Board yet?

Definately in Wickes, rolling out elsewhere as stocks run out.....

Same 12.5mm board, now 25% lighter at 11 kg/m2
Easier than the old heavier board to score and snap. Full board can curve down to 1 mtr rad.
Also now available in 2400x900mm boards! (As well as the 1200x900 and 2400x900mm boards)

Let us know what you think.

REMEMBER - FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY!
Not tested or suitable for external use due to external conditions.
didnt know new boards were coming out

Status
Not open for further replies.