Paper tape

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no chance it's hard enough to cover you're daywork as it is with rates as they are

Bloody hell phoenix I thought I was young when I started at 14 on a massive site but 12 how did you pull that one off? I couldn't even lift a bag of plaster when I first started as they were 40kg back then.

i was molested in cupboards lol i remember thinking how hard can it be.......... heres a podger theres a bucket now ******* mix i have never been soooo tired in all my life i managed to get thru my first week then had a few days off but after that i havent been off site oh and in that time i had 1 holiday :RpS_crying:

Thinking back I remember thinking this job aint for me freezing cold couldn't feel my hands getting buckets of water muddy as f*ck, 22 years later still doing it lol

I was about 8 when me dad started bringing me to work (sats and summer holidays ) great days, buckets of steam, skyhooks, long waits. Learned how to make tea for 30 blokes, keep the change from 20 Bensons :RpS_scared:

The bonding was 50kg from what I remember, I used to have to start the mixes in a big metal mixing tray with a shovel ( no spades in Ireland ) and me dad/his mate used to finish them off. The mixes that is :RpS_sneaky:

Lol I used to do the same with my old man its funny that smell of building sites stay with you forever every time I smell water proofer it reminds me of my child hood sad really lol

i do remember getting stuck into my first bonding compound mix and as i was mixing it was going great then the shovel stopped and i carried on......... too much powder damn i was so green back then....... but you try getting a young kid on the job with you now, none of them are interested how the times have changed

Best part was lunch times, eating sambos (sandwiches flynny) with the grown ups lol. Me dad used to get me go into other spreads houses and put a straight edge up to their walls. They'd be fuming the boss's kid 12 year kid would be checking their walls. Funny as fook :RpS_laugh:

The bonding was 50kg! and the browning, knocking 2 bags up in the tin bath kin hard work. Still got that shovel don't no why. Muck up you c**t:RpS_cursing: IMG_0562.jpg

It was hard work knocking up by hand but all gangs had a labourer back then nowadays most spreads don't have a labourer.

It was hard work knocking up by hand but all gangs had a labourer back then nowadays most spreads don't have a labourer.

its because of this minimum wage crap that most labourers want £200 not the £100 a week they are worth!! £75 a week i was on - tax as the bloke i was working for drilled it into me that you gotta pay tax no matter your age i think i walked away with £62 and boy was i bloody happy with my £62

All my mate were on yts and they were getting £32 a week and i was getting £60 a week when i first started i used to think i was minted lol

i used to earn 100 a week then 80 after tax, and i had to get my own way into work so i think i was left with about 50 a week haha oh and i had to pay 20% to me ol dear for rent so 40 quid wen id paid everyone up of which i had to save 30 for next weeks bus and train fares to work haha,so i ended up with a tenner, pouch of bacca and i was set for anouther week.
even after all that i diddnt care cos it was my money and my hard graft that earnt that little bit of money:RpS_thumbup:

Never had hot plaster but plenty of red hot cement. Nothing turned up on pallets way back then, you had to hand ball everything off the lorries. I started on £75 a week before tax which was 33% I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.