overnight and day spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
any of u sprayed over night yet?

im using parex mono this week which i am yet to have had the privelage. a few guys have said it sets slower than weber. what do u reckon to same day spraying, its gonna be about 14 in the day which is norm ok for weber, but now the clocks have gone back also............

Yeah, sprayed 110 bags of k-rend on friday. Started about 2 and finished bout 5. it was fookin hard sat morning took till 3 to finish it all but there was only two of us. was a two handed scrape towards the end. could have done with one of those electric scrapers! not going to put as much on till it gets colder.
don't think same day is an option now cause of the limited day light.

sprayed parex mono on thursday over night, started at 3 done for 5,next morn started at half 7 wasnt to hard.
you wont get same day scrapes this time of year usng parex.

Last edited:
It is good to hear on here about different Co's render and how they perform to an overnight scrape at this time of year. I would think Weber would be hard by morning but to soft at 4pm. You would think for this time of year they would do a retarder. They do an accelerator (Ibrovit 2) but it's nearly £100 for 20ltrs. I think a lot of Webers problems are down to its fast set so I am not keen on making it go off any faster.

My first spray was with Primo. It was on by 12.00. That night it was 2c above and the air was damp. It was covered up against frost and was just ready for scraping back by 4pm the following day. Being late November it was to dark to start scraping back 80m2 so it was left another night. The 2nd morning it was hard! Got it finished though and for our first job it turned out nice with no problems.

Talking of summer time scrapes, what is the slowest setting? Apart from the one Primo I have only used Weber but that is beginning to cause me sleepless nights. More about that later.....

Spray as late as you can and be loading the van up getting dark which is 5 at the latest now. In next morn I sectioning when just light enough to see what your doing. Parex should be firm enough to lean into but not hard gruelling work. We did an overnighter bout a month ago which was hard but just about ok but that was north facing

Done an overnight scrape the last two days(monorex white). No problems. We started today at 1ish compared to 2:30 yesterday. Hope that extra hour or so doesnt make to much difference.

Done an overnight scrape the last two days(monorex white). No problems. We started today at 1ish compared to 2:30 yesterday. Hope that extra hour or so doesnt make to much difference.

are you keepng busy Steve

Glad to hear it.
rich pickings to be had there, donny rovers are shipping goals at moment.
mowbray might be the man to take you back to the big time.just a shame that the magpies are flying high at the moment eh.

ha ha you had to mention that rich. Its unbelievable what moggas doing with more or less the same team strachan put together. Some good young uns coming thru from the academy though. You keeping busy Rich?

yeah we did 2 overnight sprays. bout 40 bags a time. the first one we started a little late and ended up finishing in the dark which wasnt too fun. soft as in the morn tho. got there for 8 and was still on the wet side. yesterday sprayed around 2, got a bit cocky and had a breakfast this morning and got there about 9. and it was solid lol. but still came out fine.

as this was my first time using parex, have to say its bloody nice gear. nicer to spray and finish than weber and looks a bit better too imo

ha ha you had to mention that rich. Its unbelievable what moggas doing with more or less the same team strachan put together. Some good young uns coming thru from the academy though. You keeping busy Rich?

yes cant complain, the hardest part is getting paid off tossers tho.

yeah we did 2 overnight sprays. bout 40 bags a time. the first one we started a little late and ended up finishing in the dark which wasnt too fun. soft as in the morn tho. got there for 8 and was still on the wet side. yesterday sprayed around 2, got a bit cocky and had a breakfast this morning and got there about 9. and it was solid lol. but still came out fine.

as this was my first time using parex, have to say its bloody nice gear. nicer to spray and finish than weber and looks a bit better too imo

takes some beating does parex gear. a bit strange at moment as its unseasonaly mild. we did an overnight on monday this week and it was hard work next morning cos it was 17c at 6pm, did one tues and it was still soft at 7.30 next morn.

yeah its a bit strange the weather isnt it. had nice weather all week. we finished today around lunch, then had a good clear up. started jet washing at about 2 and it hammered down for the next 2 hours. could have rung my pants out i got that wet. not the one.

just found with the parex that it sticks to the wall a lot nicer than weber. i find with mono that the ritmo doesnt chuck it at the wall hard enough sometimes if its a bit on the stiff side so i have to spray wetter. but parex seemed to hold better. and i sectioned a lot easier even when pretty hard.

That stickyness and a quick initial set on it make it good for beading....just never get any problems with the gear ever. When you hear people on here moaning about dodgy uk renders you just think use parex ffs and all your problems are solved

Encon supply nation wide Andy, weber in summer parex in winter, be careful with the misses with parex though.

I didnt think you could find paarex cheaper than weber? weber is around 7.50/bag plus vat ish you wont get monorex for that price, its a tad more expensive but 30kg bag Andy 1.2 M2 a bag they recon but i dont recon it goes that far

i get weber at about £8+vat. monorex came in at £10.50 inc vat. so about £8.50-£9 + Vat.

so ur getting 20% extra per bag. weber at £8 + 20% is £10

On the square measure I worked it out on coverage per kg per M2 and weber at 7.50 plus was still cheaper weber does a M2 per bag so 7.50/M , Krend and some others however dont cover a M2 per bag nor do I recon Monorex covers the 1.28 M2 or what it says, monorex was a tad more per metre but worth it anyway I recon - good stuff

That stickyness and a quick initial set on it make it good for beading....just never get any problems with the gear ever. When you hear people on here moaning about dodgy uk renders you just think use parex ffs and all your problems are solved

your not steve keitley in disguise are you? :RpS_laugh:

weve been spraying late afternoon for about the last 3 weeks using webber sometimes its been a bit tough but weve getting there not much option now.weve been putting about 90 bags on on average

Status
Not open for further replies.