overnight and day spray

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick, is that the job your doing for us?. been spraying parex overnight for about 3 weeks. no problem with it but still wouldnt trust weber s**t overnight yet, infact i wouldnt trust weber at all.

no this was one of mine. your site im on is weber. weve been leaving it over night and its been okish, but pretty hard. but i dont think wed make it in time to do same day coz its dark by half 4 specially as its been raining.

yeah i agree parex pisses all over weber

Left some weber overnight a few weeks back and it was hard work, left parex overnight last week and it was great, back on weber this week and cos it's a bit cooler and damp thought we would try an overnight again, still hard work (especially for a saturday mornin):-( got some accelerator on the job, but i'm not sure whether i should use it or not :RpS_confused:

yeah i had to scrape back this morning after going out last night and having an hour and halfs sleep (u no how it is sometimes)

i could have cried this morning

Your poor soul Nick. We have been spraying Krend Egrade in Caterham this week,spray around 1.30 ish,just leaves us clearing up as dark descends. Scraping back really nicely next morning.Holding well on their base coat. ...happy days

Left some weber overnight a few weeks back and it was hard work, left parex overnight last week and it was great, back on weber this week and cos it's a bit cooler and damp thought we would try an overnight again, still hard work (especially for a saturday mornin):-( got some accelerator on the job, but i'm not sure whether i should use it or not :RpS_confused:

is it the axel 3000 or webers own?

Paul, the lads said the weber rep came out the other day and told them they are making a winter mix. dont know if they will put accelerator or retarder. I personally would only go with retarder this time of year because if the accelerator dont do the job in time then you really do have a problem next day but if the retarder dont do the job then nothing lost.

Expensive stuff that Ibocar2. £79 + vat for 20ltrs. It says 0.6 of a ltr per bag but that is for hand mixing. The ratio is a lot higher for machine mixing.

I have plenty of Ibovit if anyone needs a bag. Good for small area's and patching, sets in 30min. Pm me if you need any.

It is to be hopes the Weber winter mix is r******d. I think a lot of their problems are down to their fast set. Might be user friendly but when it cracks it's the contractor (me) that gets the blame. Unless it is a small job I will never use it again. You certainly won't get Weber to accept blame if they have got it wrong. More on this later as it could go legal yet.

do weber do a retarder then and who has used it because we have a job next week on a weber spec we cant do same day because of daylight/soft at 3 still etc but its not quite cold enough it seems to get an overnight out of it. bummer.

Right we been on weber for the last week and leaving overnight,, not ideal but it has finished nice and getting easier as the nights get cooler
IMAG0336.jpg IMAG0338.jpg
These are two different jobs by the way, we aint mixed chalk an ivory on the same house:RpS_confused: although it did get a bit confusing going from job to job

Last edited:
Never done (or seen) any of that before Paul, looks good tackle. I'm noticing the patches at 45 degrees to the weak points, is that the mesh I see mentioned on the mono threads?

PAUL

what one did you find got easier to rub mate was it the chalk you did later?

because i recon chalk is a bit different to the rest of the weber gear, its an old maxit colour and possibly hangs a bit longer?

Loks good Paul, do it by the book and everyones a winner, you know the craic!

We alway's try n do it by the book mate, but sometimes those wank builders make it really difficult, they think cos your in a dirty job that your some kind off animal, was gonna deck one last week cos some dirty ******* had a s**t round the back off the build an he blamed us, he phoned my lad ranting am raving "you better clean that s**t up" my son told him if he spoke like that to him again he was gonna deck him and why the fook would we s**t where were gonna be working "knob", he turned up on site mob handed , so i was straight in his face and told him straight the w**k*r, thought we were gonna have a mass brawl it was mad. i never burn bridges, but this **** can go fook himself, just gotta get paid now

Last edited:
PAUL

because i recon chalk is a bit different to the rest of the weber gear, its an old maxit colour and possibly hangs a bit longer?

To be honest we didn't find much difference, only when the temps dropped, gave the blocks a quick drink and cracked on mate

PAUL

Got a nice Pearl silver job next week, if the weather holds out, and then got to get up to durham at some point for another wallcrete job

what job did you do first tho the chalk or the white

i had to run em side by side john, couple off days on the chalk then back on the ivory, we were able to do this on the ivory job cos off the brick band, and the way the scaff was set , so we did the top and went onto the chalk job, then back onto the ivory once they started dropping the scaff

Right we been on weber for the last week and leaving overnight,, not ideal but it has finished nice and getting easier as the nights get cooler
View attachment 615 View attachment 616
These are two different jobs by the way, we aint mixed chalk an ivory on the same house:RpS_confused: although it did get a bit confusing going from job to job

well seeing as your showing off, i thought id put a couple of my recent ones up too :)

render5.jpg

render4.jpg

render3.jpg

render6.jpg

render9.jpg

render7.jpg

We don't see enough work posted Nick , and like most of you guy's we probs only discuss a third of the jobs we actually do, i would imagine we could fill the forum with pics of quality work, nice work by the way mate, never expected any less :RpS_thumbup:
well seeing as your showing off, i thought id put a couple of my recent ones up too :)

render5.jpg

render4.jpg

render3.jpg

render6.jpg

render9.jpg

render7.jpg

I noticed Paul that the stress patches are 45 degrees to the openings. I have noticed this is a popular way of fitting these patches and the pre cut ones at L&D are made to fit at 45 degrees. It seems obvious that if stress cracks are 45 degrees to openings the placing of the patches at 45 degrees will be at 90 degrees to the crack and the strands will able to take the stress (hopefully). But looking at some manufacturers guidelines they specify them being placed so the strands are vertical and horizontally. Who places them at 45 or 90 degrees? I used to go at 45 but now 90 so the likes of K Grainger (Weber tech rep) can't place blame.

I like the idea of 90 degrees in the base coat (if there is one) and 45 in the top coat.

i think the weber mesh is shite les sells the black panzer mesh much better with bigger perforations it dont crack with this

Are you thinking of the dark olive mesh 8x8mm? It looks black. I use that mesh for S&C & OCR, good stuff. Used some SAS grade 5, 5x5mm mesh today on SAS ProRend Lite, that looks strong mesh. Stronger than Webers.

Status
Not open for further replies.