Over mixing

Members online

Kjd55441

This is a stupid question but I have to ask ! I’ve seen mention a couple of times of over mixing plaster, can you ? And what does it do ?

Only mix it to a smooth consistency that’s it!! No need to keep mixing get it on the wall or ceiling.
If you mix it again once it’s been mixed it will weaken the strength/ bond of the plaster.

This is a stupid question but I have to ask ! I’ve seen mention a couple of times of over mixing plaster, can you ? And what does it do ?

Over mixing, initially, like for instance keeping the drill going once clear of lumps can 'cook' it, add unnecessary air to the mix and change the setting time.

It can also weaken it and make it a sod to trowel later on.

Over mixing speeds up the setting of the plaster and can breakdown the particles of plaster which can lead to a multiple of issues. Soon as the plaster is lump free stop the mixer.

Over mixing speeds up the setting of the plaster and can breakdown the particles of plaster which can lead to a multiple of issues. Soon as the plaster is lump free stop the mixer.
A good pal of mine still starts off his mix with a length of 2x2 mate. I personally think he’s nuts. Lol

A good pal of mine still starts off his mix with a length of 2x2 mate. I personally think he’s nuts. Lol
These Spanish hold buildings up with some 3 x2
Screenshot_20220805-220316_WhatsApp.jpg