OSB Board finish

Brimstone

I've got a requirement now on a newbuild, to make the shaft around a metal flue out of 18mm OSB and air-tight. (Regs & manufacturer stipulation) Glue and screw it no problem, but how to do final finish to match the walls?

I need some solution to offer to the client, who won't like it and want to just timber stud and plaster board it like soil pipes.

Maybe the Decorator can get that, (how?) but if not and plaster is requested, is board 'n skim the only solution?
I'm not coming up with any realistic alternatives but thought I'd put it out there for ideas.

EML is do-able but a no go in practical terms. I'm doubtful about grit bonding/mesh/skim working (and OSB is naturally waxy).

I've got a requirement now on a newbuild, to make the shaft around a metal flue out of 18mm OSB and air-tight. (Regs & manufacturer stipulation) Glue and screw it no problem, but how to do final finish to match the walls?

I need some solution to offer to the client, who won't like it and want to just timber stud and plaster board it like soil pipes.

Maybe the Decorator can get that, (how?) but if not and plaster is requested, is board 'n skim the only solution?
I'm not coming up with any realistic alternatives but thought I'd put it out there for ideas.

EML is do-able but a no go in practical terms. I'm doubtful about grit bonding/mesh/skim working (and OSB is naturally waxy).
Why can't it be boarded? Dimension restrictions?