Ornamental Rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys
Have searched but I don't know what it's called to get a successful search result???

Got a job for a builder but need some advise on how to do it.
Huge seaside house 5 or six stories high in Folkestone - Kent. Would have been an exclusive place back in the day. It's plain face render but on the corners it has ornamental blocks. these are rendered on I think and have a 45 degree bevel back onto house wall. The fake blocks stagger all the way up the corner. I've got to redo these blocks at the top of the building(maybe about 6 or 7 of them,
What are they called and how the #@#' would you do them??
Help!!!!

You mean like this :~

522436_4111055133607_470745256_n.jpg

385747_4111057293661_1778708824_n.jpg

Just doing an ornamental facade at the moment, we have done around Kent and London. PM me and we can talk through your job if you wish.

Thanks Paul. I love these kind of jobs and they are the cherry on the top of the cake so to speak. I have a great interest in keeping alive many traditional skills and methods used in rendering. A passion I aquired whilst helping with lectures at the Hastings Old Town Conservation Centre some years ago now.

Hi Mark,
Spent ages trying to find PM link but could not find so did the email thing - Hope you get it.
I agree with warriorupnorth - Cracking looking job and yes its great to keep some of the old skills alive.
There is a lot of spreads out there that just scrim, bead and set - period!!

You mean like this :~

522436_4111055133607_470745256_n.jpg

385747_4111057293661_1778708824_n.jpg

Just doing an ornamental facade at the moment, we have done around Kent and London. PM me and we can talk through your job if you wish.

How did you form the arch mark?? cos i know you dont use beads

Thanks Paul. I love these kind of jobs and they are the cherry on the top of the cake so to speak. I have a great interest in keeping alive many traditional skills and methods used in rendering. A passion I aquired whilst helping with lectures at the Hastings Old Town Conservation Centre some years ago now.
god you got the fever bad mark

Status
Not open for further replies.