Opinions please

Members online

After a recent previous disastrous plastering job that I had paid for and was left having to pay again to have the room redone - I have recently had a long understairs cupboard/area plastered. On the whole from a distance it looks ok but none of the walls are smooth and there are obvious issues/trowel marks I will attach close up pictures of. Please let me know if this is an acceptable standard. You guys were harsh but helpful last time!

Attachments

• IMG_3862.jpeg
    IMG_3862.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3864.jpeg
    IMG_3864.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3868.jpeg
    IMG_3868.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3869.jpeg
    IMG_3869.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3876.jpeg
    IMG_3876.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3879.jpeg
    IMG_3879.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3881.jpeg
    IMG_3881.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3884.jpeg
    IMG_3884.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 188
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_3909.jpeg
    IMG_3909.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3908.jpeg
    IMG_3908.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3905.jpeg
    IMG_3905.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3904.jpeg
    IMG_3904.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3901.jpeg
    IMG_3901.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3899.jpeg
    IMG_3899.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
Can anyone give me a genuine response please so I know if I need to speak to the plastering company. Are these issues I just have to accept or should I ask them to return to put right?

Attachments

• IMG_3894.jpeg
    IMG_3894.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3892.jpeg
    IMG_3892.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3895.jpeg
    IMG_3895.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3896.jpeg
    IMG_3896.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Complain see how it goes.
someone who does a bad job cannot come back and do a good job despite articulate complaint.
a firm who sends someone out to perform that way does not care about it to start with.
get good decorator in then shut the door on cupboard and put TV on and relax

Pugmama it's shite! Be honest now and admit you've done it yourself.

At least its just the cupboard so please don't make the career change FFS.

You are still rubbish at plastering give it up .knob
Pugmama it's shite! Be honest now and admit you've done it yourself.

At least it’s just the cupboard so please don't make the career change FFS.
Steve I can assure you I have not done it myself and have paid a local plastering company to do it out of my hard earned money in the job I am qualified in which is as a midwife! Thanks for your comment though despite it being rude which clearly answers my question in that it is not of an appropriate standard. You could have just said that though!

Stevie wounder could have done a better job .no plasterer layed a hand on that I think this is just a case of the cheapest price did it

Stevie wounder could have done a better job .no plasterer layed a hand on that I think this is just a case of the cheapest price did it
No. It was actually the highest of the 3 quotes I went with to try and avoid the issue I had last time resulting in me paying twice for the room to be done. The boss guy who sent the plasterer has been back round and agreed it is not acceptable but the only solution offered is they will sand and easy fill.

No. It was actually the highest of the 3 quotes I went with to try and avoid the issue I had last time resulting in me paying twice for the room to be done. The boss guy who sent the plasterer has been back round and agreed it is not acceptable but the only solution offered is they will sand and easy fill.
Tell the boss that criminal damage has been done to your property and ask for your money back or court proceedings will commence.

After a recent previous disastrous plastering job that I had paid for and was left having to pay again to have the room redone - I have recently had a long understairs cupboard/area plastered. On the whole from a distance it looks ok but none of the walls are smooth and there are obvious issues/trowel marks I will attach close up pictures of. Please let me know if this is an acceptable standard. You guys were harsh but helpful last time!
get an independent report done, take photos, small claims court, get your money back/ do not pay him,
that is shocking,

anyhooooooooo so you are a midwife, working for an extremely pregnant lady at the moment, only me and her in the house all day , hoping she does not start when i am there, passing myself at the moment,

get an independent report done, take photos, small claims court, get your money back/ do not pay him,
that is shocking,

anyhooooooooo so you are a midwife, working for an extremely pregnant lady at the moment, only me and her in the house all day , hoping she does not start when i am there, passing myself at the moment,
Is there marigolds on site ?