opinion on price

On full refurb we always made good money usually fill all chasers and blue grit and then skim and for less than £5.50

Did someone sprayed 100m sound coat today in an hour, I'm sure I seen it somewhere...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You guys depress me. 3 bed house in 3 days, Fook that. Admittedly I only do domestics but struggle doing a room in a day.

There's money to be made if it's a standard size house
I doubt the day rate monkeys would earn enough though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flats are where the coin is..we skimmed a flat in 2 easy days and worth nearly £800 wen Linea meter added in etc..plus no staircases or cuboards..
That's 160 a day if there's 2 of you, correct me if I'm wrong

It is impressive what some of you site guys can put on in a day, but do you not think the fact you guys can easy do 100 plus metres in a day is the reason that rates don't increase? I don't mean to blame you for that obviously you guys are gonna put on as much as you can to earn as much as you can, but builders aren't going to want to pay say £5 a metre cos they don't want you earning so much

It is impressive what some of you site guys can put on in a day, but do you not think the fact you guys can easy do 100 plus metres in a day is the reason that rates don't increase? I don't mean to blame you for that obviously you guys are gonna put on as much as you can to earn as much as you can, but builders aren't going to want to pay say £5 a metre cos they don't want you earning so much
Had exact same conversation with some lads who were doing some work for us last week..it is wat it is tho I need to earn gud money so I cant just put less on hoping that builder wil take pity and pay me more I'm afraid

Its ltd company zolco dont really c it like that anymore its all the about profit/turnover etc
It's all about the profit if you ask me, turnover can be a nice number and you can still make a loss. You still taxable on dividend. Not picking on you or anything pal

It's all about the profit if you ask me, turnover can be a nice number and you can still make a loss. You still taxable on dividend. Not picking on you or anything pal

Its all gravy pal..we can earn £16000 tax free then tax % goes up in stages on earnings..dividens are taxed now u have to declare them etc

Had exact same conversation with some lads who were doing some work for us last week..it is wat it is tho I need to earn gud money so I cant just put less on hoping that builder wil take pity and pay me more I'm afraid

You're right, pretty much a lose/lose situation for the plasterer

This has been talked over n over ...house builders control rates onto cheapest contractor who can provide the best lads....same in any form of business.

Those at the top say whats going to happen take it or leave it.

Just me and my own voices !!
My brothers skimming on his own aswell getting £3 house bashing he phoned this morning saying the plot hes in worth £1900 he'l skim it in 6 busy days.
And the work dries like a trowel never touched it.
How often he's got a 1900 worth plot? He must be wankered after them 6 days on his own

How often he's got a 1900 worth plot? He must be wankered after them 6 days on his own

Im sure he doesnt care about being tired after getting paid.
Theres harder jobs for a lot less.
Its not that hard skimming once you find a good system ....i know lads that cant do anything but screw boards onto stud who earn £1500 a week.

Hardly any site work where I am, all taping. But the prices in St. Andrews and Edinburgh where most of my work is are mental. Last big renovation I did was £9sqm. I canny knock out some of the metres getting mentioned you boys are beasts.

Hardly any site work where I am, all taping. But the prices in St. Andrews and Edinburgh where most of my work is are mental. Last big renovation I did was £9sqm. I canny knock out some of the metres getting mentioned you boys are beasts.

I mentioned a morris plot i skimmed in 4 days earlier....it was sprayed following morning.
Next day a lad alone fitted kitchen
Next day a joiner 2nd fixed it all alone in a day.
Plumbed wired 2nd fixed next day.....all i get now is what day you done mate ??
One big conveyour belt !!

Gosh,thought i worked hard tbh , now thinking I need to pull my finger out just having a interweb break had to have 2 coffees to get my mo Jo back .. A bit peed of there no more milk left in fridge

opinion on price

Lovely part of the country is st Andrews..
Many a happy time had there(y)...Edinburgh on the other hand....i fooking hate the place:endesacuerdo:

Lovely part of the country is st Andrews..
Many a happy time had there(y)...Edinburgh on the other hand....i fooking hate the place:endesacuerdo:
Edinburgh is a disaster to get to during the week and drive around.
Defy lucky where I live and very rarely need to leave town for work all local stuff and the amount of pubs to population is brilliant lol :birra:

Edinburgh is a disaster to get to during the week and drive around.
Defy lucky where I live and very rarely need to leave town for work all local stuff and the amount of pubs to population is brilliant lol :birra:
As I recall there is a proper good cheese shop in St.Andrews.........just saying

I managed around 50m2 with a labourer today, also found time to dab on a couple of boards, you site boys have it easy. Never quite managed to break the 60 barrier today. Mac @Kitchy are you proud?

Last edited:
I ain't done site work since the last recession and back then when prices were good and was in a good gang we was doing loads of m2 but was hospitals and schools and the odd flat development bit gutted now I lost that speed I had and doing domestics does make you not work at that speed,for me if you can earn from it go for it but he has laid on line the price now hit him with your terms like if not ready ect then you want some sort of package as you could be else where earning go with gut feeling always I say

5.50 a m2 on this sort of work be lucky to earn 100 a day .... bargain lol, probably 20 m2 max and had to use 4 bags of multi just to make it look smooth and flat.

Attachments

• opinion on price
    20160929_175839.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 302
  • opinion on price
    20160929_175833.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 298
  • opinion on price
    20160929_175817.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 260