opinion on price

Members online

we recently helped a plasterer to plaster his own new build house. he and his wife had a touch of luck on the lotto. so his interest had wained.
my son and myself skimmed the large rooms 2 coats. he took the small rooms ,one coat, small hits, he was good at this method and left a good quality job.
I hope he never won the jackpot Malc because that last thing i do if i won it, i'd get someone off here instead

Tbf for me this is more of an issue of someone thinking that they can offer a m2 on what?????

A 1 off domestic????

If so cheeky cunnts...to me people only earn the right to dictate price if there's continuity of work etc...ie commercial, new builds etc.

Could just be a 1 off house...who the took knows what walking into could be artex, high walls, barrel ceilings blabla...

Might only add up to 1k of foookin headache...

Its all about who has the power in this situation???

I don't go to asda and tell them how much I'm paying for my shopping!!!!

Let's put it this way if thus house was going to he viewed by say 3 credible plastered...would there price come out higher hence when nobsacks trying to give a m2 etc...

Any plastering mates of mine would laugh there bollox off if I was to offer them a domeztic job to them on m2 thinking i wad a big time charly!!!!

You at the very least need to know the agreed price for the unit

yup !!! what he said.

Its about the principal for me and not price!!!

Who the foook does the c**t think he is telling the plasterer what he's going to pay.

My vans got a service next week, I ain't going yo tell the garage what I'm going to pay.

Sure I can shop around ad can he that's his parogative...

BUT...telling them what he's going to pay is a massive difference....

Like said m2 rate us for continuity of work and commercial.

Domestic get quotes and cough up end of!!!
Totally agree. Someone offering m2 price domestic would be enough to end the conversation, whilst walking off giving a secret nobspam gesture. Think he's been wanking off over too many spreadsheets. Actually, no, I would accept the job, distemper all the walls for him and f**k off. As you say, cheeky arrogant c**t.

Totally agree. Someone offering m2 price domestic would be enough to end the conversation, whilst walking off giving a secret nobspam gesture. Think he's been wanking off over too many spreadsheets. Actually, no, I would accept the job, distemper all the walls for him and f**k off. As you say, cheeky arrogant c**t.
Its not a domestic its for a builder! Its totally different

Don't know what all the fuss is about!
I'm not a site spread and i could easily make £5.50m2 pay.
If the walls are wobbled and need backing coats it's extra. What's the difference??
If you can't make it pay don't do it. If you can, take it.

People are told what there paid on site day in day out and it's utter shite prices most of it but it's the norm.

If the walls are wobbled and need backing coats it's extra. What's the difference??

People are told what there paid on site day in day out and it's utter shite prices most of it but it's the norm.
Some people on here live in cloud cooko land

Couldn't agree more, some chaps spreading for £2.50/m²

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Someone talking sense at last

I wudnt call £5.50 a knobsuck..u must charge at least £300 a day day rate if ur snuffing them prices
Be honest haven't read all of thread, impression i got was it was an overskim of old walls. I'm guessing it's more like big walls, boarded and no nooks and crannies. In that case I'd go for it.

Be honest haven't read all of thread, impression i got was it was an overskim of old walls. I'm guessing it's more like big walls, boarded and no nooks and crannies. In that case I'd go for it.
There's always guna be little walls here,little nibbly bits there u cant have ur cake and eat it! £5.50 m2 is a decent price end of..even if u only put 40m2 a day on its £220! 40m2!!!! That is f**k all even to domestic tea drinkers

There's always guna be little walls here,little nibbly bits there u cant have ur cake and eat it! £5.50 m2 is a decent price end of..even if u only put 40m2 a day on its £220! 40m2!!!! That is f**k all even to domestic tea drinkers
Lol 40m is a big day for me....think I did abou 12m2 today