one stop plasterers shop site?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed skim,plastic trowels to name a few

Balls! The speedskim is cracking wee tool if used properly. Plastic trowel, I wasn't to keen on it but only use it for polishing as suggested on here and it gives a lovely polish IMO. Even thou the painters aren't too keen on plasterers polishing this way but fcuk them, I'll be using it a lot more now.

I've bought a s*p*r*lex recently and think it's a decent trowel to use for cross trowel
I've tried it on 2nd trowel and think it's not good
There's been guys on here saying it saves times but if your getting on it earlier your asking for trouble
I said this 12 months back also
When i did the test on the 2nd trowel with the s*p*r*lex I was leaving it about 25 minutes longer than I would with the MT before trowelling it. After the skim was finished the wall looked the same the half I did with the s*p*r*lex and half I did with the MT u could not tell the difference. On till painted and a light down the wall. The mt side looked far better finish.

Balls! The speedskim is cracking wee tool if used properly. Plastic trowel, I wasn't to keen on it but only use it for polishing as suggested on here and it gives a lovely polish IMO. Even thou the painters aren't too keen on plasterers polishing this way but fcuk them, I'll be using it a lot more now.
I don't see the point spending 60
Odd quid on a piece of plastic to flatten a wall when a £15 spat or big trowel does the same job fat sack

Odd quid on a piece of plastic to flatten a wall when a £15 spat or big trowel does the same job fat sack

Why did you buy your machine Bobby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When skim is on ceiling or wall then my speedskim is straight on to flatten,then let it pull in and use again for second flatten that's what they are designed for.
If you don't use them straight away you won't see or feel the benefit of using them.
Keep the spat for outside work there no point using that on skim,I tried and it's crap.
It's like using a belt grinding floor scraper.

An eze spat Plasterman? They are the bees knees.
No i was on about speed skim ,eze spat the only one i not tried..i know from yours and marshy picture and views they must be good but quite happy with speed skim is the only reason i not brought one to try,later in year i will have a look and try.
got fresh blades on speed skim before christmas and keeping it spotless ..i just stuck on it.

Use the two of them together. Once it's on your on the floor

£60 is nothing for the amount of work it saves! I do understand you can do it with what you mention but IMO, you can't beat going over flat walls with a 1.8m or 1.2m speedskim. It just takes out a lot of messing about youd be doing with a 12inch trowel.

1.8 m speedskim . Didn't know they did them that size. Haven't got speedskim yet but that's Nxt on the list after my new van .

Anyone saying a speedskim is a waste of money has either not tried it or not using it properly. Yes you can do it all with a trowel but It makes things so much easier. I'm sure if we all had a bath and rake or whatever they used 20 odd years ago we could mix up a batch but why do that when a paddle mixer does it in seconds

1.8 m speedskim . Didn't know they did them that size. Haven't got speedskim yet but that's Nxt on the list after my new van .

Think its 1.8m. I bought the set of three and if I remember correctly, its 1.8, 1.2 and .600mm thou gave my 1.2m one away to another plasterer who gave me a pull out on a job I had. Going to buy that size again with the eze spat and new trowel whenever 1STS gets his shelves stacked again with tools.

More or less straight away. Took me longer on walls!

Do you trowel up the corners of a ceiling or just use the eze spat. I can't get my head around how you'd get a way with being on the floor the whole time straight after throwing on or would you still have to use hop up for the corners and cleaning angles.

I have refina spat an that's boss for flattening ceiling then use Marshall for edges then use Marshall right through then last thing blast it every way with the spat

Do you trowel up the corners of a ceiling or just use the eze spat. I can't get my head around how you'd get a way with being on the floor the whole time straight after throwing on or would you still have to use hop up for the corners and cleaning angles.

Yes get up on hop up to tidy the corners.

1st trowel with you trowel then spat it till finish. If you give it a good 1st trowel the edges etc will be fine

As above hail, my angles get one wipe after it's been given 2 speed skims, then spat all way.

Status
Not open for further replies.