on holiday in york

Members online

Don’t talk to the locals.
if you have ever seen a fab film called an american werewolf in london, there is a scene when 2 hitchhikers are lost on the moors, and wander into a pub, everything stops,and the locals all stop and stare,.........the film deliverance comes to mind, and the song duelling banjos, or could it be bad moon rising, .....well decide for yourselves for those who do not know these 2 great tunes

Enjoy the break been once myself only for a few days some great buildings there
i was at york minster today, and i think how did they build this magnificent building , oh for a time machine and watch our brethen from years ago, i bet they could tell some stories on ye olde plastering forum of the time,......dodgy scaffolds, no vans, no mobile phones, no tapit tape, ........billy shakespere might be visiting, or olly cromwell, who knows

if you have ever seen a fab film called an american werewolf in london, there is a scene when 2 hitchhikers are lost on the moors, and wander into a pub, everything stops,and the locals all stop and stare,.........the film deliverance comes to mind, and the song duelling banjos, or could it be bad moon rising, .....well decide for yourselves for those who do not know these 2 great tunes

know them well. Brian glover, ‘don’t stray off the path’!

just didn’t want you to depress the locals any further. :coffe: x:numberone:

i was at york minster today, and i think how did they build this magnificent building , oh for a time machine and watch our brethen from years ago, i bet they could tell some stories on ye olde plastering forum of the time,......dodgy scaffolds, no vans, no mobile phones, no tapit tape, ........billy shakespere might be visiting, or olly cromwell, who knows
I went york minister once. Didnt go in as price took piss. So went rail way museum as its free

The yorvik centre is possibly the most expensive 30 mins we ever had when our 4 were kids.
You.ve hit nail on head there. Most of attractions are for about a hour yet they want 20 quid a person.
We went when racers were on for night ( didnt go racers) got hotel cheap through a mate think it was still bout 150 . Had a meal went in dungeons plus beer and bet I spent 400 . For a afternoon/ night out

You.ve hit nail on head there. Most of attractions are for about a hour yet they want 20 quid a person.
We went when racers were on for night ( didnt go racers) got hotel cheap through a mate think it was still bout 150 . Had a meal went in dungeons plus beer and bet I spent 400 . For a afternoon/ night out
How long didn’t you sleep for after that?? o_O

you must have been living like a lord and tipping every round :inocente:

Take that as a sign hector, York doesn’t want you and your bad vibes.
york is a beautiful historic city owls, and when my people need me i am here for them,with my positive good realistic thoughts and ideas, as i am one of a few on this forum who is realistic about these uncertain times,

york is a beautiful historic city owls, and when my people need me i am here for them,with my positive good realistic thoughts and ideas, as i am one of a few on this forum who is realistic about these uncertain times,
York is a small Rhodes. Muslims invaded Rhodes and pushed Christian's out who moved to york and built it like a smaller Rhodes.

Here to educate

Life has to go on.Covid or no covid.Ye brits fought two world wars.People are gone soft and mad in the head with fear and used to too much comfort and technology.What do people do?hide under the bed or make the make the most of life.