Old bloke seeking labouring experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnvaul

So, I've been on this site for a year now.

I live near Halifax but have just started a level 2 course at Craven College in North Yorkshire, after doing a short C and G course at the same place over the summer.

Being 41, many of you may say I am too old to start getting into this sort of business, but here I am nonetheless. I've been interested in the heritage side of stuff for many years and have spend a fair bit of time playing around with lime to the extent that I have recently done a small area of 3-coat lime work in my house. I know the material but my trowel skills aren't great at the moment. I really need to get a more rounded view of the trade (which is why I'm on this site and why I'm doing the college course)

Is anyone able and willing to let me come and spend some time learning to labouring on them and seeing how it's done? If it makes any difference I am willing to work for nowt short-term or to work on a self-employed basis. A couple of days here and there would be a good start. Am willing to fit in with your work schedule.

I have my own transport so can travel and am willing to do so.
I'm very keen and hard working.
I'm good at picking up new stuff.
I've passed my CSCS test but don't have a card as yet.
Am happy to clean, fetch and carry, or whatever is required.
I don't expect you to spend your time showing me how to spread - am happy to watch and learn.

Any advice/help appreciated.

Cheers

So, I've been on this site for a year now.

I live near Halifax but have just started a level 2 course at Craven College in North Yorkshire, after doing a short C and G course at the same place over the summer.

Being 41, many of you may say I am too old to start getting into this sort of business, but here I am nonetheless. I've been interested in the heritage side of stuff for many years and have spend a fair bit of time playing around with lime to the extent that I have recently done a small area of 3-coat lime work in my house. I know the material but my trowel skills aren't great at the moment. I really need to get a more rounded view of the trade (which is why I'm on this site and why I'm doing the college course)

Is anyone able and willing to let me come and spend some time learning to labouring on them and seeing how it's done? If it makes any difference I am willing to work for nowt short-term or to work on a self-employed basis. A couple of days here and there would be a good start. Am willing to fit in with your work schedule.

I have my own transport so can travel and am willing to do so.
I'm very keen and hard working.
I'm good at picking up new stuff.
I've passed my CSCS test but don't have a card as yet.
Am happy to clean, fetch and carry, or whatever is required.
I don't expect you to spend your time showing me how to spread - am happy to watch and learn.

Any advice/help appreciated.

Cheers

your welcome to come and do a bit with our lot,were based near Skipton

were are at the top end of the rendering and plastering world, doing acrylics, machine rendering lime rendering etc :cool:

just tried sending you a pm but cant, as you aint posted enough yet.
let us know your email or phone number

Richard

john came with us for a few days last week for a bit of experience.
his attitude was spot on, and was keen to learn the techniques of machine rendering and the application of mono.
i wish the other lads that work for me shared the same passion for the trade :-0

john came with us for a few days last week for a bit of experience.
his attitude was spot on, and was keen to learn the techniques of machine rendering and the application of mono.
i wish the other lads that work for me shared the same passion for the trade :-0

Thanks to Richard for letting me come along and see modern rendering in action. It was great to spend a bit of time on site with someone
with enthusiasm for the work and materials and committed to producing quality work.

Status
Not open for further replies.