Not open for further replies.
Knauf mechanical engineer commenting on beadtape
"This looks like a practical,good idea and method"

Attachments

• Image (66).jpg
    Image (66).jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 136
There was never a market needed for thie bead fixing
You would be better having that real dragons den moment with something that will revolutionise plastering
I have a product that will truly
Blow your mind join me
& more millionaires sharing our wealth of knowledge
£995 to get in

Your welcome

There was never a market needed for thie bead fixing
You would be better having that real dragons den moment with something that will revolutionise plastering
I have a product that will truly
Blow your mind join me
& more millionaires sharing our wealth of knowledge
£995 to get in

Your welcome
where do i send the money?

This not just gorilla tape with holes in it lol you can waterproof gorilla tape these days that sticks to anything an under water.
Yes, more or less.
it was based on gas plate tape which fixes galv sheet to brickwork, plaster etc.
The adhesive i use is similar.
The unique aspect though is the holes ,this allows plaster to key through onto substrate and also expels
all air, which means tape does not produce air pockets where it meets beads.
The surface is waterproof but matt finished with slightly mottled surface to further aid contact with plaster.
Basically though its tape with holes!

Yes, more or less.
it was based on gas plate tape which fixes galv sheet to brickwork, plaster etc.
The adhesive i use is similar.
The unique aspect though is the holes ,this allows plaster to key through onto substrate and also expels
all air, which means tape does not produce air pockets where it meets beads.
The surface is waterproof but matt finished with slightly mottled surface to further aid contact with plaster.
Basically though its tape with holes!
I see,, well I think it’s a decent idea myself, sometimes you can’t get a fixing etc roughcasting especially, the times I’ve lost the nut tring to fix a bead or when new lintel has been put in.. this would be a dream for that.

The other thing is, it’s a solution to something that isn’t a problem. And the worst part is it might fail anyway.

Scrim tape not being sticky enough was a problem so they made a stickier one.

I’ve never had any problems putting beads on or thought “gosh this is taking too long”

Also, even for successful ideas like stickier scrim, it’s not like one bloke came in and took over the market lol it’s just an addition to their thousands of other products.

I do a lot of plastering and it was never a problem for me to fit beads either.
i don't mind if i never sell a single roll, me and my workmate have come up with a faster, easier way of fitting beads.
We have followed the idea up, improved it, drawn it up, had working samples produced and successfully had the idea protected as a registered design.
I have enjoyed doing it whilst earning a living as a hairy arsed builder, and if nothing else i will continue to use it myself which makes my job easier.
Thanks for your input, its appreciated as are all the comments received.

hi all.
i have come up with a new way to fix plaster beads and was wondering what methods do you all use to fix beads to boards existing plaster or brickwork? thanks.

i have always used skim to fix beads on.

this could be the first awesome trade tip for my facebook page:)

The last sample roll of tape has been packaged ready for posting.
its all gone now apart from my own supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.