new system for bead fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play, I'll admit when I'm wrong and that was pretty quick and got the beads on proper tight. Couldn't get a fixing with nails as builder had put no adhesive near the edges

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_093004.jpg
    IMG_20190820_093004.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 188
Fair play, I'll admit when I'm wrong and that was pretty quick and got the beads on proper tight. Couldn't get a fixing with nails as builder had put no adhesive near the edges

Fair play chap... not many would admit they were wrong

Pioneer plasterer, you will go down in History!

What was you wrong about? Did you think the tape wouldn’t be sticky? You could have used scrim to stick that bead on.

Pioneer plasterer, you will go down in History!
What was you wrong about? Did you think the tape wouldn’t be sticky? You could have used scrim to stick that bead on.
It got it alot tighter and on firmer than scrim. And was equally quick if not quicker than nails. All in all a handy product. You had doubts that the tape would dry at same speed as rest of wall and thought edge of bead might me sticky from tape residue, neither were the case. Also putting it over the bead and cutting it was better imo than putting a strip down each side. So I was wrong about that part at least

It got it alot tighter and on firmer than scrim. And was equally quick if not quicker than nails. All in all a handy product. You had doubts that the tape would dry at same speed as rest of wall and thought edge of bead might me sticky from tape residue, neither were the case. Also putting it over the bead and cutting it was better imo than putting a strip down each side. So I was wrong about that part at least

Fair enough. Lot of lads just staple board tho

Fair enough. Lot of lads just staple board tho
Yeah I've never tried staples. Got a staple gun in the shed aswell so no idea why. I'll give that a go tomorrow, then I can tell him his tapes s**t again lol

Going to be testing as a scrim tape today.
Strong, allows better plaster penetration, sticks better and stays hanging while you move your ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.