New Plastic Skimming trowels from Plasterers 1 Stop Shop

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate, have spoken to TNT again this morning, apparently it was delivered Saturday? They also have a signature if there are any problems. Let me know if you got it ok. Cheers

We had one other delivery delayed the other day, I have spoken to the area manager so hopefully it wont happen again.

Sorry for the delays

yeah it came mate, its no problems with it being delayed not your fault, strange though because they were obviously lieing to you in the first place saying they had been round for 4 days and had spoke to us, like i said my missus was in and she said no one tried to deliver anything and she haddnt spoke to anyone to arrange a redelivery.
strange:RpS_confused: thanks again though

Yea I know, I can't work it out.... Iv even been online and it says re-arranged / attempts failed. Your area driver was probably on holiday and they had a part timer in. That's when problems normally happen! Let me know how you get on with this one! Cheers

Never used the plastic trowel , when do you use it on the final trowel

which plastic trowel you after mate each one can be used in its own way at different stages, most popular time to use them is on the final pass, my personal opinion is the refina ones are not much cop but thats my opinion and im sure others out there like them, but i found they dnt trowel up as nice as others on the market and when i used then i found they left alot of pimples in the finish:RpS_confused: but the refina 20" does flatten in very quick and smoothly, the refina plastic is very hard imo and once you have a nick in them it takes ages to get the nick out again, refinas is the closest to a normal trowel but not for me.
then theres the one i have but theres no point in telling you to much about this one as at the moment production has stopped, i do know a fella who is trying to bring it back but better but obviously better means more money and im not sure what stage he is at with it, but if it does come back out it is pukka for final pass.
the trowel featured in this thread i have tried flattening with and it doesnt flatten very well but that could be to do with the balance of the trowel being out due to the chunky handle (which i believe ryan is trying to rectify) but again for final pass this one is mustard aswell and for the price ryans got them up at its worth a shot and if you dnt like it youve tried it and now you know.

my advice order one of ryans ones see how you like it if you get on well with it let us know and if the trowel i use comes back into production ill let you know and you can try that one, the finish from ryans and my trowel is the same both used for final pass only and they work a treat the only thing that my trowel (one not in production any more) does that ryans does is it flexes enough to allow you to lay on a stair winder with your plastic trowel and you dnt have to mess about with little filling knifes and the likes.

hope this helps sorry its long winded and might not make any sense haha

I still haven't used my P1SS (<=== oops sorry Ryan....lol) one yet :) But i do like the finish that plastic leaves much nicer finish in my opinion.

It takes some getting use to and I always have some 1200 wet and dry paper to hand to take out any nicks that come along.

Like anything just gotta practice

Haha I was wondering when someone was going to pick up on that! Great abbreviation! I definitely didn't think about that one when I chose the name!!

Being a plastic towel virgin, I have now been using this one for the past two weeks. Firstly its not a skimming trowel, cause you can't coat with it, you can't take gear off your board with it as it just scratches the blade to fook and when trying to spread gear on it just leaves lines all over.I thought I wouldn't get on with the chunky handle but its not In your hand all day, so not really a prob,although I do like a wooden handle compared to mt durasoft. What it is good for is final troweling, cross troweling.leaves a real good finish (be careful not to over do it tho or It it will look like a mirror)with little effort and no water,easy on the wrist also. So mabye it should be called a final finishing trowel??:rolleyes)
It's not gonna increase yer meterage either!!:rolleyes)

its just a trowel that makes it easier to achive a really good finish with minimal effort.
its well priced, compared to others on the market,it seems well enough made,comes with a spare blade also. As others have said some fine sand paper to the blade before use and its good to go,I used a bit of wire wool and it was ideal:RpS_thumbup: not everyones cup of tea, but it has it's uses.

I've been thinking of getting one of these plastic trowels but after reading some of these posts I can't see the point just to give the walls the last trowel ill stick to my marshaltown

Why would I need a new blade? I have the trowel and a spare you sent....... For free:flapper::RpS_laugh:...

.... Lol.. Are you doin any bigger blades?

So what type of trowel's do you have on offer and for what price ;-), I was looking at getting a massive 28" for the final couple of trowels, do you do them? If so at what cost?

Just the one standard size at the moment. Waiting to find out how popular they are before I request for bigger ones. Will have a special offer on Marshalltown trowels starting at some point next week. Also have another trowel coming in. They are brand new to the market so will get a few people's opinions on them.

Just the one standard size at the moment. Waiting to find out how popular they are before I request for bigger ones. Will have a special offer on Marshalltown trowels starting at some point next week. Also have another trowel coming in. They are brand new to the market so will get a few people's opinions on them.
Keep us informed on these new trowels mate

Will do mate, they are made of stainless steel and are a very high quality. Made in Germany as well. Have literature and prices being sent to me over the next few days so will post it on here once I know.

Ok mate, they have a decent amount of flex to them. Will get 2 tried out by your guys. With regards to sizes I'm not sure at the moment. Will have more details on that on Monday.

Cheers guys, I think they are 13 or 14 inch. Available in a wooden handle or a soft grip handle. About the same price as well. Will get images over soon

Hi guys,

We have some new plastic skimming trowels in stock. We have had some local Plasterers testing them and have had some great feedback, we now want to get everyone using them :)

They have a flexible blade and the blades are also replaceable.

We are looking for some more people to test these, if you are interested in testing one please can you leave a comment below and a reason why we should pick you. We also need a review done on them :)

Ryan

Hi Ryan

how is the plastic trowels fairing up with the reviews.

I teach plastering at a college in Ireland. We have 3 different classes with 15 trainees in each class. The trowels are always getting damaged, and can never get to the stage when they are good for skimming.

I am trying to get 15 skimming trowels for each class and keep the old trowles for floating. Can your trowels be used for skimming straight off,

would be interested in buying a stock if they are good. Prob betweem 15 and 25 of them.

Would maybe like to buy 1 to sample

Thanks

Gareth

Gareth there's a difference in troweling if you use the plastic early it goes furry you'd still need metal for the first trowel at least really

Hi Ryan

how is the plastic trowels fairing up with the reviews.

I teach plastering at a college in Ireland. We have 3 different classes with 15 trainees in each class. The trowels are always getting damaged, and can never get to the stage when they are good for skimming.

I am trying to get 15 skimming trowels for each class and keep the old trowles for floating. Can your trowels be used for skimming straight off,

would be interested in buying a stock if they are good. Prob betweem 15 and 25 of them.

Would maybe like to buy 1 to sample

Thanks

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

The reviews on the finishing trowel are great. Some people did not like the handle so we have sourced a new one which will be with us soon. Please give me a call tomorrow and we can arrange a sample for you. We also sell many other trowels and plastering tools which are all available for next day delivery. The plastic ones are ready to use straight away. Some do choose to sand the edges down slightly though.

My number is: +441242 236699

Ryan

Not sure Ryan just looking for a ball park figure per week. We have dick loads of work and the ritmo seems to be needed for renders at the same time as some nice areas in a school came up for spray finishing.

Can I use our ritmo finishing gun on it? Looking at the pictures it seems to have a short texture gun which would be fine for acrylics but not ideal for spraying finish.

Hi Steve,

Not sure if the Ritmo gun will fit on. The EZE does have a short gun but the nozzles are all you need to change for different finishes.
If your doing quite a lot of skimming mate I wouldn't actually use the EZE. It can do it and do it well, but the M100 or Ritmo would be better suited for it. This is just down to the mixing unit not being ready yet. Have you tried the 100 yet? Can remember you asking about it but not sure if you used it. If you give me a call I can work out a deal on the hire for you

I should try them because its out with the old and in with the new in terms of tools these days and I'm always bending my metal trowels

I defo want one of these trowels lads, u already have my address and i cant chose which 1 to order because u have that many to chose from on your website lol It would be going to a good home :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.